-Caveat Lector-

A few points

1) paganism did not infiltrate Christianity - Christianity absorbed
paganism. It may be a subtle difference - but it is a difference. It was not
pagans fooling Christians into celebrating their holidays, it was Christians
taking over pagan holidays, in order to ease the conversion of pagans to
Christianity - much the way the Romans would allow other peoples their own
gods, as long as they understood that those were just other names of the
Roman gods.

2) EVERY agricultural mythos celebrated the concept of cyclical rebirth, as
it follows the seasonal growing cycle. Usually the god or hero dies (often
sacrificing himself) and his body becomes the staple food of the people -
rice, or coconuts, or whatever. The sacrifice often happens at the winter
solstice to ensure the return of the sun, and the growing season. The Jesus
story is a slightly later and more sophisticated model of this story.

3) Santa Claus only sounds like Satan's claws in English. Santa Claus
however does sound like "St. nickolas" if you say it fast and run it
together.

4) for the origins of the specifics of the Santa Claus myth look into the
stories of the laplanders, where their shamans would eat red and white
garbed mushrooms (amanita muscaria) and their visions included things like
flying reindeer.

>Jesus Christ said to His disciples, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really
>my disciples.  Then you shall KNOW THE TRUTH, and the truth will make you FREE"
>-- free from the shackles of error, superstition, mythology, and pagan
>deception!  (John 8:32).

Jesus also said heaven isn't a place, it is an attitude, a feeling in the
heart, that to act like Jesus is to be in the kingdom of heaven. All else is
religious bullshit imposed by churches and priests.

That is the truth to set you free.

on 12/19/02 11:35 PM, iNFoWaRZ at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The Shocking Pagan Origin Of Christmas! What is the TRUE ORIGIN of Christmas?
> Where did it come from?  Did you know Jesus Christ was born nowhere NEAR
> December 25, but that was the "birth day" of the sun-god, "Sol Invictus" or
> "Mithras"? Did you know December 25 was the concluding day of the pagan winter
> festival called the "Saturnalia"? Where did "Santa Claus" come from?  The
> "Christmas tree"?  How did this pagan feast become connected with
> "Christianity"?  Here is an amazing "whale of a tale"!

Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original
dimensions.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew