-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 4/13/99 8:21:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< > It is only a matter of time before the Internet starts to beat the drum
 of Serbian atrocities.

 Personally, I believe only what I see with my own eyes, and not all of
 that. However, as a history buff, I find it extremely difficult to imagine
 a war in which atrocities were not committed by both sides. A fairly solid
 case could be made that war itself is an atrocity. It's not the absolute
 worst thing you can have happen in your neighborhood, but it does make the
 short list with a couple slots to spare.  Let's not have one here, OK?

I agree about war being an atrocity.  The only reason I mentioned the Serbian
atrocity comment was to illustrate how the Internet will be exploited by the
Powers That Be (or it will be attempted if not successful) to foster their
own agenda and paint the Serb's as the aggressor and a real devil to boot.
Both sides of course do such things, the end of W.W.II is a good case in
point; the Germans were treated horrendously after their defeat (at least
some were), and Vietnam as well where we used gross tactics to defeat an
invisible enemy.
Teo1000