-Caveat Lector-

Teo One Thousand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 4/14/99 3:10:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << These people are monsters; and this began when our government permitted
>  over 100 Nazi scientists nd doctors to enter this country with von
>  Braun.....and the link to Spandau was evident.
>
>  Bye there....
>
>  Colleen
>
>  Your stuff is keeping me awake all night.   Twice, I have tried to turn
>  this off, but find it imossible
>   >>

> Sorry about the keeping you awake part, but you are correct on the Nazi
> influence angle.  But it did not BEGIN there just got a good leg up.  If you
> look at our past you will see the US at the forefront of Eugenics research,
> as well as human experimentation much earlier than the Nazi's and one could
> even argue that the racial philosophy of the Nazi's and all those who came
> later, while firmly rooted in the idea of "racial purity" and, as such,
> inherent to all "racial" groups to one extent or another, was firmly built
> upon the foundation that was laid by the USA.  We "made" the Nazi's and
> merely accepted our "children" into the family after the war was over.
> Teo1000
> PS Keep reading and commenting I like to get feedback from my posts to let
me
> know that SOMEONE reads them :)
> Thanks

It wasn't just the Germans brought in by Operation Paperclip, either. We
"acquired the services" of a large number of Japanese scientists and medical
personnel who had been conducting their own experiments on human
subjects--not, of course, in the Home Islands, but in occupied Korea (Chosen)
and Manchuria (Manchukuo).

With regard to the US influence on the Nazis, our particular contribution was
in the area of legal codes. The first of the notorious Nuremberg Laws, the one
which authorized the sterilization of "racial inferiors" and "congenital
defectives", was patterned directly after the Model Eugenics Code published by
the American Eugenics Association...which had been adopted by 47 out of the 48
states. (The exception was Pennsylvania, and that was only because Governor
Gifford Pinchot didn't like the particular version of the sterilization law
that the legislature passed. He supported the eugenics movement quite happily
otherwise.) Hitler was quite vocal in his admiration of American eugenicists
like Madison Grant and Lothrop Stoddard.

Bob

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.