--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

FROM NEW YORK TIMES DRUG POLICY FORUM

dean_becker - 02:45pm Jan 21, 2003 EST (# 10586 of 10588)

"The Latin American drug cartels have stretched their tentacles much deeper
into our lives than most people believe. It's possible they are calling the
shots at all levels of government." -William Colby, former CIA Director
(Please visit: unvarnishedtruth.org)

Catherine, the challenge for the debate is done, here is what I sent Bob
Herbert:

cc: Bob Herbert of New York Times, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As coordinator for the New York Times Drug Policy Forum, I would like to
challenge Felix Rohatyn to a debate with Catherine Austin Fitts, the author
of "Narco Dollars For Dummies." See:
http://www.narconews.com/narcodollars1.html

We can provide a venue on the NYT, on TV or radio, the choice belongs to
Rohatyn. Please act as Rohatyn's "second" and provide him with a copy of
this challenge.

Ms. Fitts is the President of Solari, Inc. She is a former member of the
Board of Directors and partner of Dillon Read & Company, a former Assistant
Secretary of Housing in the Bush Administration, and President of The
Hamilton Securities Group and is a member of the Advisory Board of Sanders
Research Associates in London.

I am serving as her "second" in this challenge. Following is a direct quote
from her in this regard:

"I hereby propose that you and the NY Times Drug Policy Forum deliver to Bob
Herbert of the NY Times and Felix Rohatyn my invitation to discuss and
debate on line, on radio or TV live (their choice) the merits of more
federal subsidy for states vs the Solari model (including a cessation of the
War on Drugs) with Chris Sanders of Sanders Research and myself.

The debate goes to the heart of the economic issues that must be illuminated
and resolved if we are to stop the War on Drugs (see the Red Button story in
Narco Dollars for Dummies)

Here is my response to Herbert's editorial regarding Rohatyn's latest
economic proposals:

Catherine Austin Fitts The Real Deal Felix Rohatyn's Financial Holocaust A
Response to the NY Times Bob Herbert's " An Appeal to Uncle Sam"January 16,
2003 http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0301/S00080.htm "

Ms. Fitts includes many items worthy of discussion in this regard. Here is
an extract from the link shown above:

"Rather than spending more of our tax dollars, why does Felix not mention
all the things that we can stop doing that save us money. We could stop
money laundering, we could stop financial fraud, we could stop government
corruption, we could stop corporate takeover of government functions, we
could apply our anti trust laws to corporate crime against small businesses
and our pension funds, we could stop dumping narcotics into our
neighborhoods and schools.

Felix does not mention what we can stop doing because he is looking to
finance these things and more central control with more of our money.
Felix's federal spigot keeps the holocaust game going --- It's like W.C.
Fields selling snake oil potion by carrying a snake with him. The game
financed the merger and acquisition boom that built Felix's fame and fortune
as a partner at Lazard ( http://www.lazard.com/) and Felix wants the
merry-go-round to keep going. Felix was great at keeping the game going in
his workout of New York's financial crisis. If you look at his last
statement quoted in Herbert's NY Times editorial --- "There's a real risk
here to the New York State credit rating," said Mr. Rohatyn --- the threat
is the same. Swallow more federal handouts or we will not refinance your
debt. This is the currency - debt - drugs triad threat of the New World
Order gracefully delivered to the American people by Ambassador Rohatyn.

Hence, in plain words that my neighbors in Hickory Valley, Tennessee would
understand, here is the real deal on Felix Rohtyn.

Felix Rohatyn is a liar and a wolf in sheep's clothing promoting increased
power for the military-industrial complex.

Felix Rohatyn is marketing a plan to make fascism a reality in your
neighborhood.

Felix Rohatyn knows exactly what he is doing.

Felix Rohaytn is as civic-minded as Himmler.

Felix Rohaytn is fronting for the financial interests that found a way to
bring narcotics holocaust into your neighborhood --- he built his personal
fortune on reinvesting these holocaust profits. His rich personal profits
and wealth are built on years of intentional targeting, disabling,
incarceration and death of innocent American children -- not to mention
insider trading, money laundering, mortgage fraud and pump and dump stock
market frauds that targeted your retirement savings and your children's
inheritance with stocks like Enron.

As compassionate trickster Caroline W. Casey would say, I am the friend of
Mr. Rohaytn's soul and, therefore, the enemy of his project.

State and Local governments do not need more federal handouts that will
permit significantly more federal economic control to give real clout to the
expanded legal powers in the Patriot Act and "infinite war.""

====

Ms. Fitts is saying, that in that these bankers, "men of finance" or as may
otherwise be described desire to run up the deficit at our expense and to
their own advantage. I would also request said debate occur so as to further
define the plusses and minuses and in whose favor these changes accrue.

I have handled dozens of these type forums, (along with great help from the
NYT staff). Please have Rohaytn choose a date and time at his convenience to
address these issues. Failing that, perhaps he would like to provide us with
a breakdown on how his proposed changes will benefit the average US citizen.

SIncerely,

Dean Becker 11215 Oak Spring Houston, Tx. 77043 281-752-9198

(Ms. Fitts full challenge is available online at the NYT Forums)

http://forums.nytimes.com/webin/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^1242085@504771@.f2e
3208/11458