-Caveat Lector-

>>>Ah, yes, Tejas.  When I was down they-ah, I had young fellow working
for me who asked for a day off to go to his uncle's funeral.  Eventually the
discussion got around to exact-a-ly how Uncle came to be among the
unliving and it worked out this a-way:  Uncle had been out for a few drinks
on a particular evening and decided to go to I-HOP for breakfast.  As he
was sitting at the counter, sipping his coffee, stirring his hash browns into
his eggs, or just savouring a bite of toast, another fellow came into the
restaurant and unloaded his shootin' iron into Uncle (I forget how many
shots were fired -- enough to kill though).  After the shooter was
apprehended, they took him up to the Uncle for identification, at which
time the shooter informed the police that Uncle was the wrong guy.  Sorry
for Uncle but accidents do happen!  A<:>E<:>R <<<

TX: Whack’em & Stack’em –
Some Things More Important Than Terrorism
Report by J.J. Johnson
http://www.sierratimes.com/03/02/12/arst021203.htm
San Antonio – In case you’ve been in a fish bowl, we’re on a high-terror
alert. Everything is on a hair trigger, and there’s nothing more important
than keeping the American public free from harm, right? Well, it’s good to
know our benevolent federal agents are doing just that – being the
‘watchmen on the wall’. In fact, your federal government is working so
hard to protect us that they even found time – to shoot a 14 year old girl
in the head.

Here’s the story:

Drug Enforcement Administration officers were out doing surveillance
and/or trying to apprehend a suspect who, to them, was clearly a bigger
threat than Al Qaida. Actually, it was just some alledged drug dealer – but
you get the drift. Apparently, a 14-year old girl walked out with someone
else who “looked” like the guy they were looking for.

Remember, this is the DEA’s account of what happened – and you know
how trustworthy they are.

The federal agents said that when they tried to stop the pair, the girl
drove the car toward the agents. Officials said one agent fired two rounds
toward the car. When she tried to back up, agents said they fired two
more rounds at the car.

Let that be a lesson to you.

It’s the “drove toward the agents” thing – that’s all that is needed (or said)
to justify a person’s immediate execution these days. Then again, you’re in
a rough part of town, and you see plain clothed guys draw guns on you –
what would you do? Guess she didn’t hit reverse fast enough. But fear not
- as of time of this writing, the poor girl isn’t dead – she’s in critical
condition at a local hospital with a bullet in her head.

Some may say it’s her fault for hanging around drug dealers. After all,
that’ll make one feel better about the dangerous jobs these DEA agents
are doing. Ah, but you see, the man with the little girl was not the one
they were looking for. Hence, she was shot for nothing.

Not to worry, the local police said they are conducting an investigation,
and the DEA is cooperating. TRANSLATION: Give us a day or two to come
up with a reason why that little 14 year- old girl deserved what she got.

Meanwhile, the Terror Threat remains high as the federal government…

© 2003 SierraTimes.com
Forwarded for your information.  The text and intent of the article
have to stand on their own merits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do
not believe simply because it has been handed down for many genera-
tions.  Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and
rumoured by many.  Do not believe in anything simply because it is
written in Holy Scriptures.  Do not believe in anything merely on
the authority of teachers, elders or wise men.  Believe only after
careful observation and analysis, when you find that it agrees with
reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all.
Then accept it and live up to it." The Buddha on Belief,
from the Kalama Sut