-Caveat Lector-

2/23/2003 10:27:34 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, I'm starting to piss people off by trying to debunk this constant
sickening discussion about the Iraq issue being about "OIL".  We haven't
had hard times for oil in the past ten or so years and leaving in the ground
in Iraq is like having nuts in the squirrel hole.  Hussein's gonna keel over
one day, naturally or otherwise and that will change the complexion of the
scenery for good.  Venezuela is a little more promising as far as being a
critical issue considering the amount of black oozy tarry sticky stuff (no,
no, this isn't about 'smack' addiction) that comes North for Los Americanos
to mainline into their fuel tanks.

What I maintain to be the critical issue is something very much more basic:
it's that wearever mosaic image on the Al-Rasheed Hotel (or wherever) of
Poppy's face that got their cockles all chilled.  The idea of removing
Hussein relates directly back to the the 1991-92 period when Poppy was
'removed' and Hussein wasn't.  Taking Hussein's prestige and toys away from
him (to include the oil tangentally) is one way of getting back at all those
times soiled shoe soles have tread upon the Daddy of the Great Leader.
This remains proof that Hussein didn't lose.

If anyone has been associated with large organisations, there is some
mystique about having the organisational (S&B?) emblem on the floor in the
lobby or hangar are wherever the great ones gather to lick each others'
boots, the symbol being hallowed ground to the point of people actually
learning to walk around it so as to not foul it with their broghans.  And, to
the point of becoming indignant with the uninitiated for being ignorant of
the insignia's significance.

All other things remain incidental and insignificant by comparison.
(I think I sent something to Airy Anna about this after her article came
out.)

A<:>E<:>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do
not believe simply because it has been handed down for many genera-
tions.  Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and
rumoured by many.  Do not believe in anything simply because it is
written in Holy Scriptures.  Do not believe in anything merely on
the authority of teachers, elders or wise men.  Believe only after
careful observation and analysis, when you find that it agrees with
reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all.
Then accept it and live up to it." The Buddha on Belief,
from the Kalama Sut

http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>