Forwarded third- or fourth-hand:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:40:02 EST
Subject: Re: [Knights of the Rose]
Fwd: Be Prepared!

There was a very intresting event that happened 2 weeks ago.  The 8th Texas
Cavalry, our reenactment group, was practicing for it's upcoming filming for the
history documentary on a ranch on the Texas-Mexico border.  On the first day we
were joined for morning chow by many Mexican Immigrants, whom we welcomed,
and we explained what the old uniforms, tents, horses, and cannon were all about,
they all got a kick out of it as did the border patrol boys that came along the long
road
that follows the Rio Grande.

Early the next morning we began firing the cannon battery, which could be heard for
miles, we saw no more immigrants crossing the border near our camps that day, we
massed the troops at sunset after 5 pm chow, we decided to practice our cavalry
charge, preceded by artillary support, and followed by the infantry.

We followed our imaginary yankees to the muddy Rio Grande, which is actually
about a foot deep at this location, when to our surprize we found about 20 armed
men around an 18 wheeler that had become stuck in the muddy river, they saw us
coming, charging with sabres drawn and bayonets fixed on our real carbine rifles, in
our Confederate uniforms, they dropped their weapons in the river and ran,
abandoning the truck, we called the Bordor patrol and the 8th Cavalry had it's first
victory in the new century.

God Bless !!
Maj.  John Parnell

--