-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 4/18/99 10:29:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< But about 20 minutes into the film, it was showing one of these static
 speech scenes, and I stopped reading the subtitles...now, I don't know
 German, so I couldn't understand what Hitler was saying...but within a few
 moments, I felt myself 'mesmerized', and caught up in some strange
 feeling...and suddenly I could understand just WHY the German people
 followed this guy, without really thinking...it was really quite
 seductive, and here I was, 35 or more years later, KNOWING what this guy
 was and WHAT he caused, and I could easily understand why people adored
 him at the time (and indeed, why there are STILL people who adore him)...

 And I turned to my mother who was watching it with me, and mentioned how
 I'd been watching without reading the subtitles, and how I suddenly found
 myself memsmerized by Hitler, even tho I couldn't understand what he was
 saying (perhaps BECAUSE I couldn't understand, so that something more than
 words were at work)...and my mother said that at the time, people she knew
 wondered at Hitler's "charm", also, most passing it off as saying "well,
 he's a very neat person, and keeps himself well-kept"...(????)

 "Charm" indeed...as in occult charm....a potion/spell to make the people
 desire a man as their leader, no matter what WORDS are said...

 June

Exactly what I am talking about.  A power of some kind is being tapped into.
The nature of which is in question, but the "fact" that it is there is not in
dispute?
Teo1000