-Caveat Lector-

>  From: KA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  : To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  : Subject: Re: [CTRL] !!! NEWS FLASH !!!
>  : Date: Thursday, December 17, 1998 6:38 PM
>  :
>  : "Trent 'draft dodger' Lott"?
>  :
>  : Perhaps you can elucidate on CLINTON's military experience for us?

The difference between Clinton and guys like Lott, Gingrich, Armey, Gramm et
al is that Clinton was against the Vietnam War because he realized that it was
corrupt and against US interests, even participated in a demonstration against
it.  These other fellow were all for the war.  Armey even said that his draft
dodging was OK since he always spoke out in favor of the war.  Many of these
hawks would say that we must support the war (prolong it) since that would be
in support of our troops.  Does anyone not know how one of our soldiers in
Vietnam would have responded to a sudden cessation of the fighting and going
back home with the war unwon?  I fully respect those draft dodgers who were
motivated by the evil of the war or even simply realized that it did not make
sense.  I do not respect the draft dodging of the war supporters.

(The reaction of Private Ryan was baloney - the reality is that our soldiers
in WWII were never rotated.  If they were front-line troops, they remained in
the thick of it until the war ended, they were injured, or they were killed.
Any one of them would have fell to his knees and after thanking God, would
have eagerly permitted Tom Hanks to escort them to safety.)

Jerry Harp