-Caveat Lector-
Take out the "indivisible" and I'm happy.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] [JBirch] Shocking lack of diversity (fwd)

-Caveat Lector- In a message dated 7/31/2003 6:24:14 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"I pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to
the REPUBLIC for which it stands,  one Nation under God,indivisible,with
liberty and justice for all."

When I was a kid in the early 70's we used to exclude the words "under god" in the Pledge and I've got to say, I like that far better.  Kind of like adding the "in god we trust" on our money in the 1950's I guess. We as a nation seemed to do just fine before adding those words...better in many regards actually.
Oh well...just my $0.02.

"I pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to
the REPUBLIC for which it stands,  one Nation, indivisible, with
liberty and justice for all."

Bill.
www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.