-Caveat Lector- http://www.unknownnews.net/a080311lf.html

Support the troops:
Send them home

by Leon Fisher

August 11, 2003

Once again our military forces are being used for the political and financial gain of a government whose interests are not those of the majority of Americans. Despite the "support the troops" rhetoric being thrown at us daily by the corporate-controlled media, members of our military are being killed and wounded almost every day in Iraq and Afghanistan.

While the chickenhawks in Washington call our men and women in uniform heroes, they are voting to cut back veterans benefits etc. All this while multi-billion dollar contracts go to companies like Kellog, Brown & Root, a subsidiary of Vice President Dick Cheney's company, Halliburton.

Let's not forget that the entire basis for this "war" is based on outright lies. No weapons of mass destruction have been found by UN inspection teams or by US military teams to date. Nor has any delivery systems been discovered to attack our country with as we were told by the President and other high ranking government officials. Nor has any evidence surfaced that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was even remotely involved with Al Queda and 9/11. Then will someone tell us why our troops are there?

It is time some hard questions start being asked by our representatives in Congress and in the press. They should stop being the cowards that they've become and stand up like men and demand an end to this criminal enterprise in Afghanistan and Iraq!

Bring our troops home. Now!

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.