-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/18/98 12:09:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  -Caveat Lector-

 With all due respect, Reverend, I think you are confused on a number of
 key issues. The Republican party has championed the idea of trying to
 impose the Christian fundamentalist agenda on the country.  It is
 President Bill Clinton who has tried bring some measure of diversity to
 the political process ( his willingness to appoint gays and women to key
 positions in government).

        Nope, no confusion here.  I'm not backing either the Republicans or
Democrats, so I'm not stuck in the position of having to attack Clinton
because I hate Democrats, nor do I feel obligated to defend Clinton because I
hate Republicans.  I think both sides have heads firmly placed in their
collective ass.  Let them fight out their territorial battles in an adult
version of "Shirts & Skins", I'll simply sit in the sidelines and shout my
opinions until I loose my voice or I'm dragged away by security.
        As for Clinton the Crusader, isn't this is the same guy who refused to force
the military to conform to Discrimination Laws by allowing gays to join, but
instead passed the absurd "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy?  Didn't he also fire
someone on his cabinet (Surgeon General, perhaps?  My memory fails to recall
her name and position at the moment) for suggesting that facts about
masturbation be taught in school sex education classes to help prevent
teenagers from having sex at a young age?  (Not the greatest approach, I grant
you, but it certainly couldn't do any harm...)  And lets not forget his
crusade against tobacco companies, which might eventually lead to outlawing
tobacco products?  Hiring gays is fine and dandy, but not allowing them to
enjoy the same benifits has hetero couples simply because they fall into a
minority is far from helping personal freedom.
        Just some more thoughts...

Cuddling my Furby in an impure manner,
Rev. S. Michael Wilson