This is just a "What If"

What if Terminator Gene Technology were to scare Americans off of buying produce from farmers - whoops countries that use it.

What if most Soybeans were created using Terminator Gene Technology?
        They are.

What if Soybean oil started to be boycotted in favor of a "healthier oil?"

What if Peanut oil were boycotted in favor of a "healthier oil?"

What if that "most" soybeans and that "healthier oil" were a product or the same company?

What if - for all the hoopla - most of the soybeans were farmed in America?
What would that do to the American Farmer?

Is the healthier oil - Healthier?

Canola Healthy? - http://www.1999.com/canola/

You hear about Terminator Gene Technology, why don't we hear as much about Canola?  Are we being herded someplace, or is it that the news just has not caught up yet?
http://www.greenpeace.org/~geneng/
This is a example of a small part of their page:
*************************************************************************************************************
these are not linked - if you want to see go to http://www.greenpeace.org/~geneng/
- Green Lacewing: endangered by Novartis & Monsanto?

Action alert!

Open letter to stop Novartis' genetically engineered maize.
Greenpeace calls on the Swiss multinational chemical company, Novartis, to stop the marketing and growing of its antibiotic resistant genetically engineered maize.

Talk to the Prince about genetic engineering

The Prince of Whales has launched an online forum on genetic engineering. He recently stated that genetic engineering "takes us into areas that should be left to God." If you want to join the debate with Prince Charles click here:
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk

Genetic leak

"The latest survey shows an on-going collapse of public support for biotechnology and GM foods", says a recent Monsanto study, leaked to Greenpeace. Read what they know but don't want you to know.

Feeding the world? Monsanto backs down in its misinformation campaign

Now more of the story:
    Would you believe that animal fat is better for you than soybeans when they are partially hydrogenated?  I seriously thought about using lard (and some pure butter) exclusivly.

    Oils Vegetable and Animal - Health Risks from Processed Foods and Trans. Fats:  An interview with Mary Enig,   Ph.D. - http://www.healthy.net/library/articles/passwater/enig01.htm

 YET.  I researched animal fat.
    Do you know that (the USA is the only country to use BGH) when a US farmer uses BGH they have to use more vacininations and immunizations.  These vacinations and immunizations can lodge in the animals fat - and other parts of the body.  So what was better (lard) is now questionable too.
So we go from terminator gene technology to soybeans to BHT to Canola oil.  With this kind of track
record wonder what will be served to our tables next?

Laura
aka The Pied Piper

GIF image