-Caveat Lector- http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/2003/2003_30-39/2003-34/this_wk.html#Anchor-Israe-65044

>From Volume 2, Issue Number 34 of
Electronic Intelligence Weekly, Published Aug. 26, 2003
This Week You Need To Know

'Mr. Sharon, You Are in Purdah...'

At the Schiller Institute's Summer Academy in Frankfurt on Aug. 17, a Lebanese youth posed this question to EIR founding editor Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr., a candidate for the 2004 Democratic Presidential nomination: How would you, as President, achieve peace in the Mideast?

"If I were President of the United States now," LaRouche said, "or can exert the influence I wish to exert now, the President of the United States—even this dummy that we've got in there, now—will step on the Sharon problem, and say, 'No more.' And the minute Sharon says, 'No'; 'Okay buddy, your water's shut off. You're shut down. You're on your own. No more U.S. backing. You're in purdah.' We can have no peace in the Middle East, unless the President of the United States has the courage to step on Sharon."

Israel was "artificially created into a nuclear power, not for the benefit of Israel, but it was created as part of the process of bringing the right wing to power in Israel, around the Likud," LaRouche explained. "Now, that doesn't mean that Benny Begin, the son of Menachem Begin, is the same thing as Sharon," LaRouche said. "But, within this, people like Sharon, or Benjamin Netanyahu, or Shamir—these people are monsters; they are not real. They are monsters, like Hitler.

"So, you have a hand grenade: It's called Israel, under its right wing, which has a nuclear arsenal, which is used as the excuse for saying, 'If we don't do it ourselves, the Israelis will do it.' That's the way it's worked in the Middle East, so far. So, we have Israeli fascist blackmail, ostensibly on Europe and the United States, to force the United States to do, what some people in the United States want to do anyway. And, the case of the Desert Storm war was an example of that.

"So therefore, because of that, unless the United States steps on the Likud, the things that Sharon represents, and says, ... 'If you don't take the Road Map, every penny is shut off. Every privilege you have, is shut down. You are bankrupt already: Enjoy it in Hell.'

"If the United States President had the guts to do that—and he would get the backing of Europe, however shaky the Europeans would be—we would have the means for bringing about an enforced peace in the Middle East. That does not mean complete justice; it means an enforced peace. It means this horror-show stops. If we do that, that opens the door for things that need to be done.

"If it is not done, not only do we have the danger of Middle East war—which is very grave, right now; the Israelis are threatening Syria. Therefore, maybe Syria will be attacked by the United States, because the Israelis want it done. That's not the real reason, because Israel is a hand grenade. The minute it spends its nuclear weapon, Israel will begin to cease to exist, by chain-reaction effects. So therefore, if Israel spends the hand grenade, it's like a hand grenade going off! And, it kills the people against whom it's thrown, but it also kills the hand grenade itself.

"But, if we bring that under control, then it becomes possible to deal with the so-called 'West Asia flank' of Eurasia as a whole. Right now, the West Asia flank is two things: It is preventing us from dealing with the Africa issue, as we could through Egypt. I mean, there are lots of things that could happen in Africa, if we could eliminate this West Asia problem. Secondly, the West Asia instability is a threat to Iran; it's a threat to Turkey; it's a threat to the Caucasus; it's a threat to South Asia. It is also an area of potential development. Presently, the world is dependent upon oil.... For the next 80 years, the ability to get petroleum out of the Gulf area, is going to be a determinant of the present technology—unless we use nuclear energy—a determinant of what happens in the world at large.

"So therefore, this being the strategic implication of West Asia, if we don't shut that hand grenade down—put the pin back in, and put it in the box—there's no hope for that part of the world. And, given the present situation in the world, that situation tends to be the detonator, of all kinds of hell, which is just waiting to bust loose."

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.