-Caveat Lector-

        Excuse me, Ms Shipton, but the Louisiana Purchase was made AFTER this
country was settled. Please do not lecture me on "studying my history." That is
all I do, night and day!

        As for this not being a Christian nation - I refer you to the Supreme
Court's ruling in CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY v. U.S. ; 143 U.S. 457, 458 (1892):

        "No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation,
state or national, because this is a religious people...This is a CHRISTIAN
nation...

        "This is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery
of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this
affirmation. The commission to Christopher Columbus...[recited] that:

    "...it is hoped that by GOD's assistance some of the continents and islands in
the ocean will be discovered...The first colonial grant made to Sir Walter Raleigh
in 1584...and the grant authorizing him to enact statues for the government of the
proposed colony provided that "they not be against the true CHRISTIAN faith..."
[Emphasis mine]

        The FIRST charter of Virginia, granted by King James I in 1606...commenced
the grant in these words: "...in propagating of CHRISTIAN RELIGION to such People
as yet live in Darkness..." and finally, from the MAYFLOWER COMPACT:

        "Having undertaken for the Glory of GOD, and advancement of the CHRISTIAN
faith...a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia..."

        I suggest you might want to get a copy of THE MYTH OF SEPARATION by David
Barton - Wallbuilder Press 1992

Godspeed!

The OUTLAWLADY