-Caveat Lector-
It's a whole new way of thinking.  But why not?  "Take what you want."   Wasn't that the motto of Alistair Crowley's Satan worshippers or somebody?   The Associated Press article that follows was in my morning paper this very day:

RAMALLAH, West Bank--Israeli forces burst into Palestinian banks on Wednesday, corralled employees, covered security cameras and seized at least $6.7 million in an unprecedented raid.  Israel said Iran, Syria and Lebanese guerillas sent the funds to Palestinian militants.

Palestinian officials said the raid violated banking agreements and could trigger a run on the banks.  "It's like the mafia," Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia said of the operation.  "I think it should be dealt with in a very serious way."

"The Occupation's Armed Robbery" was the huge red headline in Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, a newspaper close to the Palestinian Authority, for its edition today.  An Israeli official called the operation "legal confiscation."

Israel said the raid was part of the global fight against terror funding.  "This money is the fuel for Palestinian terror, and I am convinced we have to dry up the paths for this fuel." Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said.

The United States criticized Israel for the bank raid.  "We would prefer to see Israeli coordination with the Palestinian financial authorities in order to stem the flow of funds to terrorist groups," State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said.

Now I might have added some words to the criticism that Mr. Boucher made (he will probably be out of a job tomorrow--mustn't criticize Israel), but then I thought, hey if they steal the money from the Palestinians, maybe the United States can subtract what they steal from the billions we send them, and give a little boost to those "no child left behind" kids who are beginning to go hungry.

Prudy

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.