-Caveat Lector- "I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about terrorism. He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something to stop 9/11," Clarke told CBS.

scroll for news articles

Plight of 300 shows extent of sex slavery By Elisabeth Wynhausen and Natalie O'Brien 3/23/04 "The plight of nearly 300 women trafficked to Australia as sex slaves was documented in a report released in Canberra yesterday. The report, the first in this country to detail hundreds of cases of sex trafficking, rebuts government claims there were only a handful of such cases.  It was completed in six weeks by the anti-trafficking organisation Project Respect, and it identifies twice the number of cases of trafficking identified by the Australian Crime Commission.  "Most of our cases involved Thai women who had run away from brothels," Project Respect director Kathleen Maltzahn said.  "This suggests there are hundreds more women in Australia still enduring sexual slavery." http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9059179%255E2702,00.html

for AOL users
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040320183709990004
Bush's Ex-Terror Adviser Says Bush Ignored Threats
NEW YORK (March 21) - A former White House anti-terrorism adviser has accused U.S. President George W. Bush of ignoring terrorism threats before the Sept. 11 attacks and of making America less safe. Clarke's comments will air Sunday on "60 Minutes." Richard Clarke, Bush's top official on counter-terrorism who headed a cybersecurity board, told CBS "60 minutes" in an interview to be aired on Sunday he thought Bush had "done a terrible job on the war against terrorism." "I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about terrorism. He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something to stop 9/11," Clarke told CBS. Clarke, who was an adviser to four presidents, says in a book to be published next week that the Bush administration should have taken out al Qaeda and its training camps in Afghanistan long before the attacks of Sept. 11, for which the militant network was blamed.
www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.