-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message --- -Caveat Lector-
Dear Friends:

As you know, I was deported from Thailand so rapidly that I did not have time to organize my children or get my wife a visa to leave.

If, as a friend, as a personal help, you would be willing to make a personal gift at this time to help me get my family out of Thailand, it would help a lot.

If you send by post please let me know by email, and you may make a check payable to:

Andra McDaniel
4790 12th Ave. NE
Keizer, OR. 97304
USA

****
****
The work to represent the Akha cause at the UN goes on.  Today we finished the preliminary caucus meetings and tomorrow, Monday, the thematic meetings begin.

I will be  making a number of presentations, as well as seeking meetings with a number of UN and International agencies and Banking institutions which need to alter their practices.

I am working together with a very diverse team of indigenous people, many from Mexico and the Amazon.

Some have been at this for years and their experience and determination battling governments, environmental encroachment and a steep learning curve is absolutely amazing.  The common denominator of many of us is how we have been deported, jailed, seperated, overwhelmed but not despairing.

I hope to have pics added to the site, and will be making more updates as to progress made on the behalf of the Akha.

I will be making further travels to Germany and other places in Europe to make presentations about the Akha if I can find sponsors.

It is absolutely amazing what that notion on the bridge to Burma, so many years ago, to buy some first aid medicine to patch the leg of a kid limping by, has lead to. And the urgency with which the Akha need publicity and urgent help haunts me. As I hope it always will.

Matthew
NY City.

The Akha Heritage Foundation.
http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.