-Caveat Lector- http://www.coastalpost.com/04/06/22.htm

June, 2004

Israel, Our Dangerous Parasite
By Edward W. Miller

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia, 1892-1975

The massive invasion of Washington's political arena by supporters of Israel: outright Zionists Jews as well as our Christian Right, that has produced the very situation which our first president, George Washington, felt so strongly about preventing that he dedicated much of his farewell address to the issue: Every American should read our first President's speech, from which these two paragraphs are copied:

"The passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils.. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of a common interest where no common interest exists... It leads also to concessions to the favorite nation, of privileges denied others... unnecessarily parting with what ought to be retained... exciting jealousy, ill will, and a disposition to retaliate in the parties from whom equal privileges are withheld."

" It gives to ambitious, corrupted or deluded citizens who devote themselves to the favorite nation, facility to betray or sacrifice the interests of their own country, without odium, sometimes even with popularity, gilding with the appearance of a virtuous sense of obligation, the base for foolish compliance's of ambition, corruption or infatuation. How many opportunities they afford to tamper with opinion, to influence or awe the public councils? ...Since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baleful foes of a republican government.... real patriots, who may resist the intrigues of the favorite, are liable to become suspected and odious... The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, in extending our commercial relations, is to have with them as little political connection as possible."

President George Washington, 1796

This last week, a letter from 50 retired US State Department diplomats urged President Bush to revise his Mideast policy. The letter also applauded the recent strong rebuke to British Prime Minister Tony Blair from 52 former British diplomats, taking Blair to task for acceding to Bush's endorsement of Sharon's destructive Mideast proposal.

The letter to Bush, signed by such former State Department experts as Andrew Kilgore, former Ambassador to Qatar, Richard Curtis, former chair US Information Agency, James Akins, former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia , Eugene Bird, Embassy Counselor in Saudi Arabia, Richatrd Nolte, Ambassador to Egypt and 45 others, stated:

"We are deeply concerned by your April 14 endorsement of Israeli Prime Minister Sharon's unilateral plan to reject the rights of 3 million Palestinians, to deny the right of refugees to return to their homeland, and to retain large illegal settlement blocks in the Occupied West Bank.

The plan defies UN Security Council resolutions calling for Israel's return of occupied territoriesÉ ignores international laws declaring Israeli settlements illegal, Éundermines the Road Map for PeaceÉ reverses long-standing American policy in the Middle East."

"Your meeting with Sharon ...left out Palestinians. In fact, you and Prime Minister Sharon consistently have excluded Palestinians from peace negotiations. Former Palestinian Information Minister Yasser Abec Rabbo voiced the overwhelming reaction of people around the world when he said :" I believe President Bush declared the death of the peace process."

"You have placed US diplomats, civilians and military doing their jobs overseas in an untenable and even dangerous position. Your unqualified support of Sharon's extrajudicial assassinations, Israel's Berlin Wall barrier, its harsh military measures in the Occupied Territories, and now your endorsement of Sharon's unilateral plan are costing our country its credibility, prestige and friends. É"

Washington's tendency to favor the State of Israel ever since the formation of this artificial entity by the United Nations in 1947, has inflicted upon the American people most, if not all, of the ills and evils described by our First President. Blowbacks continue to this day.

Throughout the fifty-five years of the State of Israel's existence, our government has treated the original inhabitants of Palestine with disregard, disdain and objective repression. Turning its back on the 750,000 Palestinians violently expelled from their homes and properties by the Israeli military in 1948, the US has been most niggardly in contributing to those United Nations funds which provide life support to those who for half a century are still surviving in refugee camps. The same disdain has been visited upon Palestinians violently dispossessed by Israel in her 1967 war of aggression against Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Gaza and the West Bank.

When President Reagan supported Sharon's brutal invasion of Lebanon in 1982, by shelling the unprotected population of Beirut offshore from our USS New Jersey, we paid with the loss of over 400 US Marine and Navy lives. When Israel, during the 1967 War planed to seize the Golan Heights from Syria, to hide this invasion from Washington, she bombed, strafed, wounded and killed nearly half the crew of our intelligence ship the USS LIBERTY. The killing of our Marines in Saudi Arabia in 1993, the loss of our embassies in Kenya and Tansania, the bombing of the USS Cole, and finally, the Twin Towers and Pentagon destruction are all related to Washington's political obeisance to Jewish money and the Zionists in our capital.

Throughout the 55 years of Israel's existence, daily repressions of the Palestinians at checkpoints, land seizures, destruction of olive orchards, stealing of water rights, targeted killings, home demolitions, and savage expropriation of farmland by hundreds of illegal Jewish settlements and their interconnected highways have produced scarcely a mention by Washington.

Whenever, under pressure from other nations, the United Nations voted for Resolutions against Israel's egregious behavior, Washington has rushed to defend the Jewish State, and vetoed over 80 attempts by the international community to support Palestinian rights. Israel has ignored those rules set by the Geneva Convention. In this disgusting campaign to protect our "parasite," Washington has weakened the prestige of the United Nations, and shamed us before the world.

In Afghanistan, in the spring of 1998, Osama Ben Laden , speaking to John Miller of the Associated Press, threw down the gauntlet to the US and Israel, saying his Muslim World of over 1.2 billion peoples would no longer tolerate Washington's ongoing genocide in Iraq, a killing fostered by a savage embargo, by sewage-contaminated water, a near-starvation diet, lethal radiation from depleted-uranium shells, and by thousands of "cluster-bomblets" left for Iraqi children to explode, Ben Laden added: his Muslim brethren would no longer tolerate our support for Israel's land theft and human rights abuses in the Occupied Territories. Ben Laden's promises of Muslim reprisal were not long in coming. Americans died in Tanzania, in Kenya, aboard the USS Cole, in the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

September 11th presented choices: We could restrain Israel's Sharon, close down Israel's illegal settlements, and remove Israel from our payroll. We could discontinue the deadly embargo of the Iraqis, and allow Saddam's people to rebuild their country. Instead, driven by Bush's Zionist friends, and our Vice President's oil interests, we first sought revenge in Afghanistan, further ravaging its impoverished people.

Next, pressured by Israel's supporters in Washington, plus Cheney and his Halburton Associates, we are again militarily assaulting Saddam's country on the pretext of WMD and Saddam's supposed threats to US interests.

It has not only in the moral costs, or loss of American lives that feeding this Zionist parasite is damaging this Country, but from an economic point of view, support for Israel continues to be a tragedy. Thomas R. Stauffer's : THE COST TO THE US TAXPAYERS OF THE ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN CONFLICT (See Washington Report, June 2003 vol. XXII no. 5) details the total burden born by the US taxpayer since the inception of the State of Israel. Stauffer shows that paying for both the instability and conflicts in the Middle East totals out to be "close to $3 trillion in 2002 dollars." Yearly interest-free "loans" to Israel, annual stipends, military advances, millions in military support are but the tip of American's growing indebtedness iceberg.

On May 18th, while Sharon's military was bulldozing homes in Gaza's Rafah refugee camp, killing protesting Palestinians left and right, despite demands by the UN and Amnesty International to cease, our President, desperate to win in November, was kissing the ass of Israel's lobby, AIPAC at their annual meeting in Washington, saying: " Our nation is stronger and safer because we have a true and dependable ally in Israel." (applause)

Senator Ernest F. Hollings in his column and in a speech on May 8 had said it clearly: "With 750 dead in Iraq and over 3000 maimed for life, home folks continue to argue why we are in IraqÉ Bush came to office imbued with one thought- re-election. ..why invade a sovereign country? The answer: President Bush's policy to secure Israel É to take the Jewish vote from the Democrats."

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.