-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
Title: Protect Our Votes! Rally Today for Paper Trails!
-Caveat Lector-

Protect Our Votes!  Rally June 22 for Paper Trails!

This afternoon Common Cause and other election reform advocates are holding a rally in Washington, DC to support voter-verified paper trails to provide a reliable method to count and recount votes cast on computerized voting machines.  Common Cause President Chellie Pingree will speak at the event and will be joined by representatives from our partner organizations such as True Majority, Verified Voting, and Rock the Vote.

While you might not be in DC tomorrow to join us, you can still help!

Call your Representative in Congress and let him or her know you support a voter-verified paper ballot so that we can make sure every vote is counted as cast this November.   Tell them to support (HR 2239), the Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act of 2003, and allow this bill to come up for a vote!

Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to speak to your Representative.

This important bill already has 141 co-sponsors, but it is being held up in committee, so we need to keep the pressure on.  The decisions Congress makes in the next month could determine what voting methods many Americans will use this November and for years to come.  Millions of Americans should not have to vote on electronic terminals that are vulnerable to hacking and malfunction.  Click here to visit the Common Cause statement on voting machines.

In case you are in the DC area and would like to join us, the information for the rally is below.

When:  Tuesday, June 22, 11:45 to 1:00 p.m.

Where:  Cannon Terrace, just south of the U.S. Capitol, between the Cannon and Longworth House Office Buildings (at the corner of New Jersey and Independence Avenues) Metro Station:  Capitol South, blue and orange metro lines.

Support Common Cause:
http://www.commoncause.org/support/

 To Unsubscribe: You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by visiting here.