-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message --- -Caveat Lector-
Caveat lector. Reader beware. You have a mind. Validity rests with you.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"

~~~~~~~

Flight 93 Shootdown Pilot Identified

UPDATE, 6/29/04 04:30am PST: This Story Is Possibly/Probably DISINFO

OKOKOK. I'm officially putting the brakes on this. Fair enough, I should have added a "HIGHLY SPECULATIVE" tag to this story, as I routinely do when the info is this thin. In my own defense, when I posted this, I noticed the weird use of language in the article, but I thought, "Just because the guy writing the story is an idiot doesn't mean his information isn't true. It doesn't mean it is either." I actually wrote that in an email to AL, a long time Cryptogon reader and contributor, who wrote to me indicating that he didn't buy this at all.

Another long time Cryptogon reader, contributor and oilempire.us editor, Mark R, followed up with:

dear kevin

"lets roll" is blatant disinformation

see http://www.oilempire.us/911intro.html#disinformation for an explanation (it falsely claims that blurry doctored video images "prove" an anomalous "pod" under the 767 that hit the south tower -- when there is no real evidence or reason for this).

lets roll is probably the LEAST trustworthy 9/11 site I have seeen, breathlessly exuberant but blatantly in contradiction to actual provable facts

a "who is" search coupled with a reverse number / name lookup brings you the name of a local homeland security official. I haven't bothered to confirm that this person is the same as listed, but "lets roll" is blatant bullshit. It wouldn't surprise me if disinformation pretending to be real exposure was being pushed by the fed.gov -- it's sad that Alex Jones has been taking this sort of stuff seriously. Infowars has a lot of good material, but I don't consider them one of the best 9/11 sites since they don't bother with fact checking. Reader beware.

I NEVER base this sort of conclusion on a single piece of evidence.

It's interesting that Alex Jones's article about Col De Grand-Pre is then archived by the bogus letsroll site. It can get confusing to find the original source.

Mark

So, the moral of the story is: Beware of fast spreading, thinly sourced memes, and be thankful that your friends are quick to point out when you've stepped in it.

My original post follows:

I know I don't believe in coincidences, but I swear that I had no idea this news would break when I posted the story, earlier today, on Understanding 911. The remarkable aspect of this is not that Flight 93 was shot down, but that the government has lied about its fate, even against the backdrop of the obvious physical evidence surrounding the incident. The U.S. government KNOWS that the public is so stupid that any lie, no matter how ridiculous, will be readily believed:

LetsRoll has discovered the name of the pilot as well as all other pertinent information regarding this incident;

"At precisely 0938 hours, an alarm was sounded at Langely Air Force Base, and those whom were on call, drinking coffee, were scrambled. Thus the 119th Fighter Wing was off for an intercept.

They, the Happy Hooligans, a unit of 3 F-16 aircraft, were ordered to head toward Pennsylvania. At 0957 they spotted their target; After confirmation orders were received, A one Major Rick Gibney fired two sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in mid flight at precisely 0958;

He was awarded a medal from the Governor one year later for his heroic actions. As well as Decorated by Congress on 9/13/2001. The Happy Hooligans were previously stationed in North Dakota, and moved to Langley Air Force base some months before 911 occured on a "Temporary assignment."

~~~

Disinformation masquerading as 9/11 Truth exposure

In addition to phony evidence in support of the official conspiracy theory, there is also the problem of bogus material pretending to be investigative journalism that does not bother to present even a scintilla of credible evidence. A few fringe 9/11 websites are now claiming that there wasn't a plane at the World Trade Center north tower (even though the photos of the hole in the tower clearly show the impact of the wings). Some of these "no plane at the north tower" sites include letsroll911.org (mirrored at 911uncovered), 911hoax.org, physics911.org and the fairy godmother of this modus operandi - webfairy.org Oilempire.us doesn't provide direct links to these sites, which are a mix of accurate material and disinformation -- but they are easy enough to find.

The "webfairy" theories claim that no planes hit the World Trade Center, it was done with missiles and high-tech hologram, and uses video clips that supposedly prove these arguments. The "letsroll911" site claims that a missile was fired at the South tower just before the plane crashed into it, and also uses poor quality photos to "prove" this argument. However, blurry low resolution photos that magically appear two years later are not evidence of alternative views of what happened, they are only evidence of people's unfamiliarity with photo editing software and their gullibility. The "physical evidence" clearly shows that large jets hit the towers - the hole in the side of the North tower (which was hit first) is the size of a 767. And the idea that a missile was fired a split second before the South tower was hit makes no sense, since there was no "need" for this to happen (no tactical advantage for the attackers, since the towers were not anywhere as strong as the sector of the Pentagon that was hit - which had been strengthened against attack immediately prior to 9/11).

The "missile pod at the WTC," "no plane at the WTC" and "plane plus missile" theory are toxic to the cause of 9/11 truth. It is a sign that our political efforts are having an effect -- that these "theories" (unsupported by any credible evidence) are being distributed to "muddy the waters" to make those who seek to expose the lies of 9/11 as crackpots who have no idea what we are talking about.

There was no extra "pod" that was used to fire a missile from the 767. A quick search on the web will show several sites with photos of 767's with a structure under the plane to hold the wings together. It is sad that 9/11 truth exposers are forced to waste our time dealing with this. There are NO photos with high resolution that show an extra "pod," there is no credible theory to suggest the need for any alleged pod.

The same thing happened during the citizen investigations into the coup against President Kennedy -- people popped up claiming inside knowledge that turned out to be psychotic ravings. One particularly memorable occurrence wwas during the Jim Garrison prosecution of Clay Shaw, a CIA agent who participated in the plot against Kennedy - the film JFK covers this episode very well. Garrison's legal team had found a witness who claimed to have participated in meetings with Shaw, Lee Harvey Oswald and others, but on the stand, the man's claims of participation were totally shredded by his claims that he had fingerprinted his daughter before and after she went to college to prove that she was the same person (and therefore, this obviously insane testimony was used to discredit the genuine evidence that Garrison had used to prosecute Shaw). Shaw was found innocent by the jury (even though subsequent research and official admissions revealed he was CIA), although that jury did admit that there had been a conspiracy to kill JFK, they merely didn't believe that Shaw was a participant.

Bogus 9/11 Truth Sites -- Muddying the Waters with easily disproved phony claims

webfairy

physics911

911hoax

911review.org

911blimp.net
http://users.adelphia.net/~earthwatch/

letsroll911
911uncovered

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!

Please let us stay on topic and be civil.-Home Page- www.cia-drugs.org
OM

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here