Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:56:29 -0400
From: Campaign Manager Ken Mehlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: William Bacon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Open Letter to the Kerry Campaign

Bush-Cheney '04
www.GeorgeWBush.com

July 12, 2004

Mary Beth Cahill
Campaign Manager
John Kerry for President
P.O. Box 34640
Washington, DC 20043

Dear Ms. Cahill:

On Thursday your campaign hosted a fundraiser at Radio City Music Hall at which Sen.
Kerry said, "Every performer tonight in their own way either verbally through their
music through their lyrics have conveyed to you the heart and soul of our country."

I called on your campaign to release the performance that Sen. Kerry said represented
the "heart and soul" of America so that all Americans could see for themselves what
John Kerry thinks represents the "heart and soul" of our country.

Do most Americans in their hearts, think that calling the President a "thug" and a
"killer" represents the "heart and soul" of our nation? We don't think so, but we
think voters should decide for themselves by watching the celebrities John Kerry said
captured the "heart and soul" of America.

Your Senior Advisor Tad Devine said that you believed that releasing musical
performances "might violate copyrights and licensing agreements for the entertainers
who performed and allow the Bush campaign to use the tape in commercials against Kerry
and Edwards"

I have been assured that "fair use" rules of copyright would allow you to release the
tapes of these musical performances to the news media under 2 U.S.C.  107. To allay
the other concern you relayed to the news media, Bush-Cheney '04 pledges to refrain
from using audio, video or transcripts of the event for any television, cable,
satellite or radio advertising. We look forward to seeing this spirited display.

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman
Campaign Manager

Take Action

Volunteer Now!
Be a key member of the President's grassroots team!
http://email.georgewbush.com/t/629294/8432778/31/7/

Join the Team!
Make your donation of $100, $500, or even $1000 today!
http://email.georgewbush.com/t/629294/8432778/69/7/

If you no longer wish to receive your mailings at this email address, or have received
this email in error please click below to unsubscribe.
http://email.georgewbush.com/t/629294/8432778/35/7/

Not Sent at Taxpayers' Expense
| Paid for by BUSH-CHENEY '04, Inc.           |

Copyright 2003, BUSH-CHENEY '04, Inc.

Privacy Policy:
http://www.georgewbush.com/privacypolicy.aspx

Contributions to Bush Cheney '04, Inc. are not tax deductible for federal income tax
purposes. Bush-Cheney '04, Inc. will post the name, city, state, occupation, employer
and donation amounts of everyone who contributes $1 or more to President Bush's
re-election efforts on GeorgeWBush.com as provided to us. Federal law requires us to
obtain and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of the employer of
individuals whose contributions exceed $200 per election cycle. An individual's
contribution limit to Bush-Cheney '04, Inc. is $2000.00. Funds received in response to
this solicitation will be subject to federal contribution limits. Contributions from
corporations, government contractors, foreign nationals without a "green card," and
minors (individuals under the age of 18) are prohibited.

www.ctrl.org