-Caveat Lector- http://911research.wtc7.net/pentagon/evidence/witnesses/jetliner.html

Large Jetliner
Eyewitness Accounts Describe Jetliner Approaching Pentagon

Of the over 100 eyewitness accounts in
Eric Bart's compilation, most refer to a jet aircraft approaching the Pentagon in the moments before the explosion. Of the accounts that indicate the type of aircraft observed, the majority describe a large twin-engine jetliner, consistent with a Boeing 757, which Flight 77 was, or a Boeing 737. Far fewer witnesses recalled a small aircraft approaching the Pentagon. Following are accounts organized into two categories.
large jetliner
small jet

The two accounts that describe a commuter jet were both by observers who were at considerable distances from the scene.

Large Jetliner
Alan Wallace -- firefighter with safety crew at Pentagon's heliport
We have had a commercial carrier crash into the west side of the Pentagon at the heliport, Washington Boulevard side. The crew is OK. The airplane was a 757 Boeing or a 320 Airbus.
www.gosanangelo.com...
Albert Hemphill -- from inside the Naval Annex
Immediately, the large silver cylinder of an aircraft appeared in my window, coming over my right shoulder as I faced the Westside of the Pentagon directly towards the heliport. The aircraft, looking to be either a 757 or Airbus, seemed to come directly over the annex
lists.travellercentral.com/pipermail/tml/2001-September/013153.html
James S. Robbins -- Robbins, a national-security analyst and 'nationalreviewonline' contributor, watched from his 6th story office window in Arlington
The Pentagon is about a mile and half distant in the center of the tableau. I was looking directly at it when the aircraft struck. The sight of the 757 diving in at an unrecoverable angle is frozen in my memory, ...
www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins040902.asp
Tim Timmerman --
... said it had been an American Airways 757.
www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/story/0,1300,550486,00.html
Tim Timmerman -- from 16th floor apartment near National Airport
It was a Boeing 757, American Airlines, no question.
www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/11/bn.32.html
Mike Dobbs -- observed from upper level of outer ring of Pentagon
... looking out the window when he saw an American Airlines 737 twin-engine airliner strike the building.
www.abqtrib.com/archives/news01/091201_news_dcscene.shtml
Terry Morin -- watched from 5th wing of BMDO offices at the old Navy Annex
The plane had a silver body with red and blue stripes down the fuselage. I believed at the time that it belonged to American Airlines, but I couldn't be sure. It looked like a 737 and I so reported to authorities.
www.coping.org/911/survivor/pentagon.htm
Jim Sutherland -- from his car
... saw ... a white 737 twin-engine plane with multicolored trim fly 50 feet over I-395 in a straight line, striking the side of the Pentagon.
www.cincypost.com/2001/sep/11/wash091101.html
Noel Sepulveda --
... saw a commercial airliner coming from the direction of Henderson Hall the Marine Corps headquarters.
www.jimroche.com/pentagon_hero.htm
Madelyn Zakhem --
... she heard what she thought was a jet fighter directly overhead. It wasn't. It was an airliner coming straight up Columbia Pike at tree-top level. It was huge! It was silver. It was low -- unbelievable! I could see the cockpit.
www.roadstothefuture.com/VA_Sept21.txt
Joel Sucherman --
Do you know how many engines? - I did not see the engines, I saw the body and the tail; it was a silver jet with the markings along the windows that spoke to me as an American Airlines jet, it was not a commercial, excuse me, a business jet, it was not a Lear jet, ... it was a bigger plane than that.
play.rbn.com/?url="">
Dave Winslow -- Winslow is an AP reporter
I saw the tail of a large airliner ... It ploughed right into the Pentagon.
www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/story/0,1300,550486,00.html

Small Jet
Steve Patterson -- watched from 14th-floor apartment in Pentagon City
... it appeared to him that a commuter jet swooped over Arlington National Cemetery and headed for the Pentagon ...
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/daily/sep01/attack.html
Don Wright -- watched from the 12th floor, 1600 Wilson Boulevard, in Rosslyn
I watched this ...it looked like a commuter plane, two engined ... come down from the south real low ...
www.sun-sentinel.com...

Om 2">