-Caveat Lector- Dear fellow Supporters -  Let's stop the arms race before it escalates into space, and transform the war industry into a peaceful, sustainable, cooperative Space age society.

Our Petition to the United Nations General Assembly is designed for this purpose, and asks the UN General Assembly to produce a Treaty by United Nations Day, 2005 (October 24, 2005) banning space-based weapons and all warfare in space.

If the General Assembly cannot meet that deadline, our U.N. Petition asks for a Space Preservation Treaty-signing Conference to ban space-based weapons and all warfare in space, like the 1997 Ottawa Conference that resulted in the Land Mines Treaty, to be held at the World Peace Forum 2006 (June 2006, Vancouver, B.C.).

I have read and signed the U.N. Petition: "CAMPAIGN FOR COOPERATION IN SPACE"

We are trying to reach 10000 signatures, and we need YOUR HELP!

Please help by signing this petition. It takes 30 seconds and will really help.  Please follow this link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/832338563

Once you have signed, help even more, by telling your friends and family to sign as well!

To add your name to this petition go to:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/832338563

*Signers may choose to hide their identity to the public.  Such names will appear as "Anonymous" on the PetitionSite.com and advocacy emails similar to this. (The signature number above may not match the number assigned to your signature on the first page of the petition.) To view additional petitions, please click here:
http://www.thePetitionSite.com <http://www.thepetitionsite.com/>

Here is what best-selling author Mel Hurtig says about the Space Preservation Treaty-signing Conference

"We Canadians should help organize a major international conference in Vancouver to strongly condemn the weaponizing of space. We should invite Russia, China, India, Brazil, the Scandinavian countries, and many others to join us in a massive worldwide campaign against U.S. plansÅ. I suggest Vancouver because a large number of excellent people, with the encouragement of the [Vancouver] City Council, are already planning a World Peace Forum for 2006, and a proposal for a widely endorsed Space Preservation Treaty.  The conference would be organized much as the 1997 Land Mines Conference in Ottawa." p. 183

Mel Hurtig, "Rushing to Armageddon: The Shocking Truth about Canada, Missile Defence, and Star Wars"  <http://www.mcclelland.com/catalog/display.pperl?0771041624> (Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, Ltd 2004).

You can also sign the U.N. Petition online at CAMPAIGN FOR COOPERATION IN SPACE:
http://www.peaceinspace.org

Sign U.N. Petition:
http://peaceinspace.blogs.com/peaceinspaceorg/2004/10/a_hrefhttppeace.html

Thank you!

Sign our UN Petition Now
PETITION: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/832338563
CAMPAIGN FOR COOPERATION IN SPACE
CAMPAIGN: http://www.peaceinspace.org
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd

Please feel free to forward far & wide.  Thank you.

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substanceânot soap-boxingâplease! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'âwith its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright fraudsâis used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.