-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

http://www.rense.com/general59/rig.htm

More Evidence The Vote Was Rigged
 From Wayne Nash
11-5-4

I don't want rain on the parade but I am getting quite a few emails from
various sources citing possible irregularities with the voting process. So,
I did a little research myself on the net to see what I could find. As a
political scientist I could not resist.

Regardless of the veracity of any claim to possible irregularities I
suggest that this question of legitimacy of the process needs to be
addressed if everyone casting their vote is to feel that their vote is
being properly counted. No one can feel disenfranchised in a real
democracy. Otherwise, you end up with a dictatorship and not a democracy at
all.

Unless BOTH sides feel the system is verifiable then you may end up with a
banana republic 'democracy'. This is not question of who won the election.
It is a matter of much greater importance; the legitimacy of the democratic
process itself.

Here are a couple of sites which address the issue:

1. http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/

2. http://www.electoral-vote.com/

On this last web site I found this interesting bit of information:

"Various people sent me mail saying that it is awfully fishy that the exit
polls and final results were substantially different in some places. I hope
someone will follow this up and actually do a careful analysis. Does anyone
know of a Website containing all the exit poll data? If we go to
computerized voting without a paper trail and the machines can be set up to
cheat, that is the end of our democracy. Switching 5 votes per machine is
probably all it would take to throw an election and nobody would ever see
it unless someone compares the computer totals and exit polls. I am still
very concerned about the remark of Walden O'Dell a Republican fund raiser
and CEO of Diebold, which makes voting machines saying he would deliver
Ohio for President Bush. Someone (not me) should look into this carefully.
The major newspapers actually recounted all the votes in Florida last time.
Maybe this year's project should be looking at the exit polls. If there are
descrepancies between the exit polls and the final results in touch-screen
counties but not in paper-ballot counties, that would be a signal. At the
very least it could be a good masters thesis for a political science
student. The Open voting consortium is a group addressing the subject of
verifiable voting."

Could there be a possible problem here? Let's see...

* In states where there were paper ballots the results exactly matched the
exit polls.

* In states where there were only electronic 'touch-screen' paperless
voting machines Bush showed an inexplicable 5-8 point or more difference
from the polls, contradicting otherwise accurate exit polls.

* The software used in these voting machines is so sophisticated that you
can't even check out the programming because it disappears leaving nothing
to verify, no source code, no nothing.

Below are 3 articles explaining how these E-voting programs work. The man
who published these articles is apparently an expert on this E-voting
subject and a computer scientist.

Article 1 http://www.southbaymobilization.org/newsroom/
articles/04.0303.ADeafeningSilence_article.htm Article 2
http://www.southbaymobilization.org/newsroom/
articles/04.0618.SecretAgentPrograms_article.htm Article 3
http://www.southbaymobilization.org/newsroom/
articles/04.0701.EVoting_TheNewCloseUpMagic_article.htm

Another site takes the subject seriously...

http://www.rense.com/general59/steI.HTM

Highlight:

* SoCalDem has done a statistical analysis... ...on several swing states,
and EVERY STATE that has EVoting but no paper trails has an unexplained
advantage for Bush of around +5% when comparing exit polls to actual results.

* In EVERY STATE that has paper audit trails on their EVoting, the exit
poll results match the actual results reported within the margin of error.

* Analysis of the polling data vs actual data and voting systems supports
the hypothesis that evoting may be to blame in the discrepancies.

* The media was a bit taken aback that the results didn't match the exit
polls AT ALL. Most of the commentators were scratching their head in
disbelief at the results. The media has gracefully claimed they "just got
it wrong."

Some examples?

WISCONSIN:

Kerry leads Female voters by 7%, Bush leads male voters by 7%. Male vs.
Female voter turnout is 47% M, 53% F. That means Kerry statistically has a
7% edge in exit polling in Wisconsin.

Actual results however show Bush ahead by 1%, an unexplained difference of 8%.

NEVADA:

Kerry leads in the exit polls by a clear margin, but is still behind in the
reported results. This state is even closer.

Actual is just 1% favor of Bush. Exit polls show Kerry with a wider margin.
Women favored Kerry by 8% here out of 52% of total voters. Men favored Bush
by just 6% out of 48% of total voters. Actual reported results don't match
exit polling AT ALL in Nevada.

Easy Programming?

According to the programmer cited above here is how easy it is to "make
magic" ...

We need COUNTERS - (B) = Bush; (K) = Kerry; (V) = Vote; (T) =Tally

1. If V = B, add 1 to B
2. If T = 8, add 1 to B; Clear T; Skip 3
3. If V = K, add 1 to K; Add 1 to T

This extremely simple bit of programming would shift 12% of the vote from
Kerry to Bush, it would defy exit polls, and it would make it look like
Bush had a huge popular win.

_____

Feel free to pass this on to your Republican and Democratic friends. If you
are American, this should concern you regardless of who won this election
or wins future elections. If your process is flawed your democracy is
flawed and everything you believe in is on the line. I am sure that people
on the ground are acting in good faith and voting according to their values
and beliefs. It is the people at the top that concern me.

The Psychology of Revolution by Gustave le Bon
<http://www.encyclopediaindex.com/b/psrev10.htm>http://www.encyclopediaindex.com/b/psrev10.htm

The aim of these considerations is to recall to the reader the fact that
the outward events of revolutions are always a consequence of invisible
transformations which have slowly gone forward in men's minds.

Any profound study of a revolution necessitates a study of the mental soil
upon which the ideas that direct its course have to germinate.

         -Gustave le Bon

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion
Toolbar.
</FONT><A
HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/aQSolB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>