-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

Here's one "smoking gun."
They seem to be littered all over the country...
---------------
[Gratis: "Katie"]

http://www.WISHTV.com/Global/story.asp?s=1857668

May 11, 2004

ES&S Project Manager Resigns
Over Voting Machine Problems
By Eric Halvorson and Loni Smith McKown

The woman who blew the whistle on problems in the Marion County voting
system will now watch the situation from the outside.

You shouldn't know about Wendy Orange. She should be someone who served
behind the scenes to make our elections work. Orange became a public figure
when she revealed voting machine problems. She blamed her employer, Election
Systems and Software (ES&S).

Voting machine problems drove former ES&S project manager Wendy Orange to
resign. She says ES&S knew it had a software problem and then tried to hide
it.

"I was faced with a moral and ethical dilemma and I felt the only thing that
I could do was come forward and tell the Marion County clerk what had
happened,î said Orange.

"Needless to say, I was very angry at the situation.  Also concerned about
Wendy because, here, she works for this company and she's in a terrible
position as an employee who is telling the client something the employer
doesn't want known,î said Doris Anne Sadler, Marion County clerk.

In this case, the client is Marion County represented by clerk Sadler.
Sadler says that put the county in the same position as Orange - questioning
the credibility of ES&S.

"I think she was a very brave person for coming in and telling me the way
she did,î said Sadler.

In her letter of resignation, Orange said she found the corporate philosophy
at ES&S to embody unethical and disreputable practices. She said she had
"personally witnessed open discussions of potentially illegal procedures."

"I have since learned that the standards to which I hold myself, I don't
believe ES&S holds those same standards and values,î said Orange.

Orange calls all of this extremely disappointing, considering her admiration
for ES&S when she joined the Nebraska company. "I was impressed with the
people that I met, and with the products that they provided and with the
services they provided,î said Orange.

Her resignation became effective Monday. "I hope my concerns were heard all
the way at the top.  I really do and I hope that's where the change will
start,î she said.

ES&S says it regrets losing any of its employees. In a letter to Orange, the
company says it is disappointed and disagrees with her claims. It goes on to
say that ES&S adheres to the highest ethical standards and is firmly
committed to producing quality results for all of its customers, including
Marion County.

Sadler has asked Orange to serve on a task force to improve the election
system here.

Will Your Vote Count? - Read I-Team 8's investigation into problems with
voting machines and software.

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2004 WorldNow and WISH-TV. All Rights
Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms
of Service.

www.ctrl.org