-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

In America today, the price of being a real investigator doing real
investigative journalism includes being attacked regularly by
representatives of the Space Brothers, the  Phony Bought Off Left,
scam artists, Ponzi schemers, and people whose heads magnetically
point to True North...to name just a few.

The reason is that there aren't supposed to BE any real
investigators in America anymore, the better to highlight breathless
revelations about the 9.11 attack by clueless theologians from
California and former "detectives" (who in truth probably couldn't
find their ass in the dark with both hands) purporting to be the
very hounds of hell on the trail of the seemingly-unshaken Dick
Cheney.

During the past several years I have been responsible for major
discoveries which include the only extant photograph of the CIA's
super-secret assassination squad Operation 40 (which features
America's current CIA Directer Porter Goss and a host of people
whose names are synonymous with America's recent secret history);
exposing the ownership by international crooks and bagmen of the
election company which counts one in every three American votes; and
the fact that Mohamed Atta's Hamburg cadre went to a flight school
whose owner's Lear jet was busted with 43 pounds of heroin aboard...

To name just a few.

It is a record unequalled in contemporary American journalism.

And, of course, it comes with a cost: the stunning revelations
in "Welcome to Terrorland," that American officials were engaged in
narcotics trafficking with Osama bin Laden's thugs before the 9.11
attack, have been assiduously avoided by the mainstream media.

But it has its compensations as well. Chief among them is knowing
that, if the measure of a man can be found by his enemies...then I
am, indeed, living large, and well.

I have no need to defend myself against people who are, as a
correspondent informed me just today, "govt inclined and owned, FBI
and... cultists."

But I do confess to a desire to inspire the enemies of truth behind
these attacks to sic on me more interesting and worthy attack dogs
than the third-and fourth-rate crackheads they have insulted me with
so far.

And I have no desire to inflict pain on anyone who believes they
are, or have been, "subjected to a gruelling daily regimen of
torture rendered from a remote source," and "once witnessed magnets
repelled from my cranium."

I am by nature a kindly person, who believes that when someone tells
me "Have a nice day," they really mean it; and that "Love Animals
Don't Eat Them" truly represents the accumulated wisdom of our race.

So I magnanimously offer here the result of a 30-second search on
Lexis-Nexis: a press release from Medialink and NBC (I had nothing
to do with it, and had never, in fact, known of its existence until
moments ago) about a long-and-probably justly forgotten business
show I used to do which has of late become, for some poor souls, of
consuming interest.

And since I should be open to the idea that I may have something to
learn from people who make their living stealing money from widows
and orphans, should anyone find my previous career as a business and
industrial producer to be even MORE endlessly fascinating than they
do already... I will endeavor to have my former television
distributor dig through ten-year old records for receipts of checks
from NBC (for a nominal search fee of just $10,000, which is more
than fair, since I'll no doubt have to split the money with the
distributor to entice them to dig through old records.)

Anyone interested should contact me soonest. (Being a real
muckraker, as opposed to a Phony Dissident, is not particularly
financially rewarding, and I could use the money as a Christmas
stocking-stuffer.)

daniel hopsicker
-------------------------

Copyright 1996 Haymarket Publishing Services Ltd
PR Week

January 26, 1996

LENGTH: 131 words

HEADLINE: Media: Medialink wins NBC exclusive,

BODY:
Medialink has been appointed as the exclusive provider of video news
releases to Global Business 2000, the business television show which
launches this month on NBC's satellite services covering Asia and
Europe.

The deal, struck with the show's US-based production company
Economic Television, will see Medialink provide the programme with
any appropriate VNRs' suitable for the show's business audience,
said Medialink's vice chairman David Davis.

The show's launch is part of NBC's revamp of its international
programme service and the formal launch of NBC Asia on 15 January.

NBC, which is already available in Europe through NBC Super Channel,
has launched both an entertainment station and a 24-hour news and
business station under the NBC Asia banner.

LOAD-DATE: September 22, 2000