-Caveat Lector- http://www.sinisterforces.info/

Author's Journal

Thursday, June 16. 2005

New Developments regarding Colonia Dignidad

Readers of my Unholy Alliance and this blog are aware of the existence of a bizarre cult center in Chile previously known as "Colonia Dignidad" and renamed by its owners as "Villa Baviera". This estate was run by former fugitive Paul Schaeffer, a Luftwaffe medic from World War II and a Protestant minister who fled child molestation charges in his native Germany in 1960 and wound up in Chile establishing a mysterious colony that has been accused, among other things, of being responsible for some of the worst cases of torture and interrogation of political prisoners during the Pinochet regime. I was once briefly detained at the Colony during my research for Unholy Alliance.

Paul Schaeffer fled the Colony to Argentina ahead of child abuse and human rights charges in Chile once Pinochet, his protector, left power. He was apprehended a short time ago and is now back in Chile, awaiting trial.

However, the Chilean authorities have just announced the discovery of a large arms cache at the Colony, "probably the largest ever found in private hands" in that country, according to Deputy Interior Minister Jorge Correa and reported by the Associated Press. They discovered machine guns, automatic weapons and rocket launchers, as well as ammunition.

Some of the weapons are believed to be as old as 40 years, dating back to the time when Schaeffer first began creating the Colony. When I was there, in 1979, the men who surrounded my car and took my passport and film were definitely armed.

Authorities discovered the weapons when they were searching for bodies of murdered dissidents at the Colony, presumably including that of Boris Weisfeiler, the mathematician who was apprehended by Chilean troops while on a hike in the Andes Mountains near the Colony, and handed over to the German doctors of Colonia Dignidad.

It is certain that more announcements of even greater horror will be made during excavations and discovery leading up to the Schaeffer trial.
Posted by Peter Levenda  at  21:22 www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substanceâ??not soap-boxingâ??please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'â??with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright fraudsâ??is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.