-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mario Profaca" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: June 28, 2005 1:37:35 PM PDT
To: "!SPY NEWS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Spy News] What a wanker!

WHAT A WANKER!
Malcom Lagauche
Tuesday/Wednesday, June 28-29, 2005

On Sunday, June 26, U.S. Secretary of Defense, Don Rumsfeld, made the rounds
of the U.S. national talk shows. This is obligatory for administration
officials to get their message to the American people. It is also convenient
that the talk shows are milquetoast, non-confrontational programs that do
not challenge what has been said by the guests.

The one truthful aspect that came out of Rumsfeld’s discussion was his
assessment of the current situation in Iraq. He told Meet the Press, "I
would anticipate you’re going to see an escalation of violence between now
and the December elections. And after then, it will take a long time to
drive out the insurgents."

On Fox News Sunday, Rumsfeld stated, "Insurgencies tend to go on five, six,
eight, 10, 12 years." He later affixed the year 2017 as a possible end to
the Iraqi resistance.

However, Rumsfeld reverted to his usual stupidity. When asked about the
horrific events now occurring in Iraq, he tried to put a positive slant on
the issue. Rumsfeld told the host that he gave George Bush a list of 15
things that could go wrong prior to the illegal invasion of Iraq in March
2003: oil wells being set on fire; mass refugees and relocations; blown-up
bridges; and a moat of oil around Baghdad. He then said, "So a great many of
the bad things that could have happened did not happen." Genius.

To use Rumsfeld’s logic, one could point out that the people in the area of
the devastating tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people about
six months ago could be upbeat because they did not suffer a nuclear bomb
attack at the same time.

Rumsfeld not only contradicts himself about issues every time he speaks, but
he does it with style. Why sound only like an idiot when you can sound like
a fool and a buffoon as well?

On March 30, 2003, Rumsfeld was a guest on This Week with George
Stephanopoulis. The U.S. had invaded Iraq 10 days prior, yet no weapons of
mass destruction had been found. Rumsfeld had the answer:

The area … that our forces control … happens not to be the area where
weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They’re
in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north
somewhere.

After a few weeks, the questions about weapons of mass destruction became
louder. On May 4, 2003, Rumsfeld told Fox News Sunday:

We never believed we’d just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that
country. We’re going to find what we find as a result of talking to people,
I believe, not simply by going to some site and hoping to discover it.

Then, on Septmber 10, 2003, in a speech to the National Press Club, Rumsfeld