-Caveat Lector- < http://www.total911.info/2005/09/rumsfeld-goons-celebrate-911-with.html >

A report from a the DC Antiwar Network's Luke Kuhn:
Today, members of DAWN and MAYDAY DC confronted Rumsfeld's crude attempt to link 9/11 with Iraq. In the process, Genevieve from DAWN was assaulted and shoved and another protestor was punched in the guts by an assailant who took off running.

Barricades separated the checkpointed spectator area from the march. The punches and shoves were thrown across the waist-high barricades, as any terrorist strike could also have been(some "security!") Instead of arresting the assailants for assault, they badgered Genevieve, saying she could not hold a sign against the fence. She held it farther back at that point, the banner reading "your war shames us."

A police report was filed, but given that the cops permitted the assailants to escape without being challenged, I am guessing that that report and a dollar will buy you a quart of gasoline on 9th st.

Genevieve and two other protestors were together after entering by a spectator checkpoint. Several members of MAYDAY DC managed to join the march itself(presumably by preregistration). They too faced wierd shit. At the start they linked up with two more groups of antiwar youth. Cops approached one of the other groups and warned against "disruption."

Next, the cops (Park Police) approached MAYDAY DC members and one warned that
"any disruption will lead to your arrest.," and another said they "would be lucky if you don't get your asses kicked". They were then followed around by undercover Secret Service.

Presumably the cops hated the MAYDAY DC T-shirts reading "support troops who shoot their officers" and "fragged officers are my heroes." Still, we got the job done. Someone got within arm's length of Donald Rumsfeld and shouted into his face.

[...]

I met up with DAWN and we set up a presence at the spectator entry checkpoint. We had one person dressed as Bush with blood on his hands while I held a sign with "mission accomplished" and a picture of a hurricane on it, along with references to DC, NYC, and New Orleans.

At this point, one right-winger threatened me, and I told him to "step right up and try it." He walked away. Interesting-they say they march against terror, but when challenged by someone Ted Koppel called a terrorist on the air, they were all talk.

Genevieve's preliminary estimate for turnout is about 5,000-less than 1/20 of our LOW estimate for September 24th! The Washington Post's Website only claims "several thousand," a far cry from the 30,000 Rumsfeld was hoping for when he planned this event to promote the spurious linkage of 9/11 with Iraq.

--
Posted by Total to 911info at 9/11/2005 10:58:00 PM

--
www.total411.info
www.total911.info www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.