-Caveat Lector-
Bowman in striking distance of Congress win?
http://www.total411.info/2006/11/bowman-in-striking-distance-of.html >

Col. Dr. Robert Bowman, running for Congress in Florida's 15th district, told World Crisis Radio on Saturday that he has a shot at winning the election. Bowman said that internal polls by his oppponent, incumbent Dave Weldon, indicated the race was a dead heat, triggering a burst of campaign spending. Bowman has called for a new investigation of 9/11 as poart of his campaign platform.

Playlists: M3U | RAM (Individual MP3s: Hr1 Hr2 )

Evidence to support Bowman's contention that Weldon and the NRCC are worried appeared in a letter to the editor of a local publication describing an anti-Bowman smear campaign.

From Florida Today, Oct. 20:
" Alleged phone 'survey' just Bowman smear

I received a phone call from a group claiming to be conducting a poll.

I identified myself as a person who would surely vote against incumbents and/or Republicans, more specifically against U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, the Indialantic Republican.

The "survey" turned into a thinly disguised smear campaign against Weldon's Democratic opponent, Bob Bowman. It repeated ridiculous, out of context statements supposedly made by Bowman that he would "promote gay marriage."

I was then asked that if knowing he said these things, would I change my mind.

I told them I knew they weren't really a survey, that they were conducting a typical Republican smear campaign, then hung up.

It makes me feel good to know the Republicans and Weldon are so scared they resort to these tactics.

They have only their own hypocrisy and poor performance to blame for the anti-incumbent, anti-Republican sentiment so widely reported. I only hope and pray their lies won't work.

Usually they do. That's the only way they can get elected.

L. Joseph Connaughton

Cape Canaveral

----
--