-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: January 26, 2007 2:18:36 PM PST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fwd: Wyoming Tea Party! <Send Far & Wide!>

THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!
THE REPUBLIC IS BACK!

Date: Tuesday, 25 April 2006, 3:28 a.m.

This is just the beginning folks, I can't tell you more.

WYOMING SHERIFFS PUT FEDERAL OFFICERS ON CHOKE-CHAINS

County sheriffs in Wyoming are insisting that all federal law
enforcement officers and personnel from federal regulatory agencies
must
clear all their activities in a Wyoming county with the Sheriff's
Office. Speaking at a press conference following the recent US District
Court decision (case No 2:96-cv-099-J) Bighorn County Sheriff Dave
Mattis stated that all federal officials are forbidden to enter his
county without his prior approval.

"If a sheriff doesn't want the Feds in his county he has the
constitutional power and right to keep them out or ask them to leave or
retain them in custody."

The court decision came about after Mattis &
other members of the Wyoming Sheriffs' Association brought a suit
against both the BATF and the IRS in the Wyoming federal court district
seeking restoration of the protections enshrined in the United States
Constitution and the Wyoming Constitution. The District Court ruled in
favor of the sheriffs, stating that,

"Wyoming is a sovereign state and
the duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement
official within a county and has law enforcement powers exceeding that of any other state or federal official."

The Wyoming sheriffs are demanding access to all BATF files to verify
that the agency is not violating provisions of Wyoming law that prohibit
the registration of firearms or the keeping of a registry of firearm
owners. The sheriffs are also demanding that federal agencies
immediately cease the seizure of private property and the impoundment of
private bank accounts without regard to due process in state courts.

Sheriff Mattis stated:

"I am reacting to the actions of federal
employees who have attempted to deprive citizens of my county of their
privacy, their liberty, and their property without regard to
constitutional safeguards. I hope that more sheriffs all across America will join us in protecting their citizens from the illegal activities of
the IRS, EPA, BATF, FBI, or any other federal agency that is operating
outside the confines of constitutional law. Employees of the IRS and the
EPA are no longer welcome in Bighorn County unless they intend to
operate in conformance to constitutional law."

This case is evidence that the Tenth Amendment is not yet dead in the
United States. It may also be interpreted to mean that political
subdivisions of a State are included within the meaning of the
amendment, or that the powers exercised by a sheriff are an extension of those common law powers which the Tenth Amendment explicitly reserves to
the People, if they are not granted to the federal government and
specifically prohibited to the States.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a387ec3ea6413.htm

(Comment: Constitutionally the sheriff is the highest and only elected
law-enforcement officer in the state. Also, agencies that are part of
the executive branch do not have jurisdiction outside DC. To its
everlasting disgrace the Legislature of Mass. has abolished the Sheriffs
in the state that gave us Lexington, Boston and Concord! This was
totally unconstitutional and never should have happened! Without the
Sheriff you have no elected law enforcement office! The State Troopers
are an arm of the governor's office and have no constitutional
standing.)

"Wyoming is a sovereign state and the duly elected sheriff is the
highest law enforcement official and has law enforcement powers
exceeding that of any other state or federal official."

The error is in the assumption that the General Government is a party to the constitutional compact. The States formed the compact, acting as sovereign and independent communities. The Constitution has admitted the jurisdiction of the United States within the limits of the several States only so far as the delegated powers authorize; beyond that they are intruders, and may rightfully be expelled. The government of the uncontrolled numerical majority, is but the absolute and despotic form of popular government... If we do not defend ourselves none will defend us; if we yield we will be more and more pressed as we recede; and if we submit we will be trampled underfoot.
John C. Calhoun
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

- Mark Twain

Be safe...
Bobby
I don't need a certain number of friends,
Just a number of friends I can be certain of.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.ctrl.org