-Caveat Lector-

'Family Jewels' reveal CIA altered mind of four-year-old girl By Robert
Lusetich in Los Angeles 6/28/07 EASILY lost, on page 425, in the mass of the
CIA's notorious "Family Jewels" files is a short paragraph outlining
"potentially
embarrassing Agency activities". "Experiments in influencing human  behaviour
through the administration of mind- or personality-altering drugs to
unwitting subjects."  Of all the heinous acts committed by the CIA in the  name
of
national security, these experiments, done on the agency's behalf by  prominent
psychiatrists on innocent victims - including children as young as  four - may
be the darkest....In 1953, MKULTRA was given six per cent of the  total CIA
budget without any oversight.  Only the tip of a large iceberg  had been
previously released by the CIA under Freedom of Information Act  provisions.
Yesterday's acknowledgments will comfort those who have long  campaigned for
truth
and restitution. The nature of the experiments, gathered  from government
documents and testimony in numerous lawsuits brought against the  CIA, is
shocking,
from testing LSD on children to implanting electrodes in  victims' brains to
deliberately poisoning people with uranium. "The CIA bought  my services from
my grandfather in 1952 starting at the tender age of four,"  wrote Carol Rutz
of her experiences. "Over the next 12 years, I was tested,  trained, and used
in various ways. "Electroshock, drugs, hypnosis, sensory  deprivation, and
other types of trauma were used to make me complain and split  my personality
create multiple personalities for specific tasks). "Each  alter or
personality was created to respond to a post-hypnotic trigger, then  perform an
act and
(I would) not remember it later. "This Manchurian Candidate  program was just
one of the operational uses of the mind-control scenario by the  CIA. "Your
hard-earned tax dollars supported this." The US began these  experiments after
World War II when it made a grab for hundreds of Nazi  scientists and doctors
who had been researching mind control in concentration  camps, fearing they
would fall into Soviet hands. US military intelligence  leaders were paranoid
that they were falling behind the communist bloc in the  brain-washing race.
The
programs, though carefully hidden, continued into the  1970s - when Helms
ordered much of the documentation to be destroyed.
_http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21978876-2,00.html_
(http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21978876-2,00.html)

www.ctrl.org