-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: July 6, 2007 2:11:05 PM PDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: "Big Con"-servatives and "Al CIAda" Terrorists

Thursday, July 05, 2007 -- http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/

Is Fred Thompson on the Downlow?

Lots and lots of rumors. I’ve heard them myself -- I’ve even talked to someone who has witnessed some interesting behavior. I noticed when the Washington Post recently profiled him, several of the local commenters reacted along the lines of “I thought he was gay?” Let me put it this way: I heard about this after [Fred Thompson] was out of the Senate, and LONG before anyone even dreamed he’d run for President.
Update from Down with Tyranny:

I asked a friend of mine who knows all the Republican closet cases in DC --and who is never wrong-- and his comment: "I've heard that for a while."

The Andrew Sullivan comment that started it all:

"Outside the extremist, activist base, regular GOP voters turn out to be relatively tolerant when it comes to sexual minorities and private sex lives. They're not well represented by their party leaders, as far as policy is concerned. This is good news for Fred Thompson. The man has had a colorful and wide-ranging sex life, as I'm sure we will soon find out."

Was Fred Thompson a White House Mole During Watergate?

Thompson tipped off the White House that the committee knew about the taping system and would be making the information public. In his all-but-forgotten Watergate memoir, "At That Point in Time," Thompson said he acted with "no authority" in divulging the committee's knowledge of the tapes, which provided the evidence that led to Nixon's resignation. It was one of many Thompson leaks to the Nixon team, according to a former investigator for Democrats on the committee, Scott Armstrong , who remains upset at Thompson's actions.

"Thompson was a mole for the White House," Armstrong said in an interview. "Fred was working hammer and tong to defeat the investigation of finding out what happened to authorize Watergate and find out what the role of the president was."
Update: he's also gay.

Lisa Pease on Osama bin Laden

We had pinpointed OBL's location by radio. We could absolutely have picked him up. Several friends of mine in the black ops world have told me repeatedly that we've known where OBL was at all times.

A man in Hollywood was approached by a CIA operative to do a documentary on the secret tailing of OBL. So it's not like we can't find him.

And if we weren't picking him up, why? Could it be because ties between his actions and those of our intelligence community might raise disturbing questions about 9/11?

An intelligence asset told me of a friend of his that had just come back from handing OBL a wad of cash.

"For attacking us, or so he wouldn't attack us again," I asked but (predictably) got no response.

See what's free at AOL.com.

www.ctrl.org