-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: July 9, 2007 9:20:20 AM PDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 9/11 "Changed Eveything" -- Santorum Hints Another "Change" Coming VERY SOON

Rick Santorum predicts "some unfortunate events" will give Americans a "different view of this war"

Submitted by Shumonik on Sat, 07/07/2007 - 6:14am.
http://www.911blogger.com/node/9845
Yesterday, on the Hugh Hewitt show, former PA Senator Rick Santorum made references to learning the lessons of 9-11 and the recent 'attacks' in England. Then when asked by Hewitt whether he felt the leading Republican Presidential candidates were speaking with enough "seriousness" about the war, Santorum proceeded to say that alot was going to change in the next year.

"You know, I’ve talked to all three of the major candidates, that I think will be the major candidates, and that’s Giuliani, Romney and Thompson. I think those will be the three major candidates when we head into the final analysis. And I think all of them understand the issue very, very well, they understand particularly the importance of Iran, and confronting Iran in the Middle East as an absolute lynchpin for our success in that region, and I think they are committed to that. And while it may not be a popular thing to talk about right now, and I know public sentiment is against it, they understand the importance of the national security of this country.

"They also understand that between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate event like what we’re seeing unfold in the UK. I think the American public’s going to take a very different view, and part of it will be the education that these three men will be imparting on the American public during the course of this campaign."

full transcript is here: http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/ Transcript_Page.aspx?ContentGuid=bd02aa0e...

COMMENTS:

Brzezinski

I saw him interviewed recently, and he too made opaque references to what might happen in the next 18 months (before the new administration) and how it could change everything.

Either these guys know something is up, or they are hoping desperately that something will come along and in their minds retrieve the Iraq War from the dustbin of really bad ideas. What gets lost in all of their bluster, though, is the obvious point that the occupation of Iraq is, by all accounts, now a primary reason for terrorism to happen against America, just as having soldiers on Muslim holy land in Saudi Arabia motivated people such as Bin Laden.

Of course, I guess that was what Bush and Cheney wanted all along: Hit the hornets' nest with a stick, then blame the hornets for being pissed off.

Submitted by simuvac on Sat, 07/07/2007 - 12:05pm.

See what's free at AOL.com.

www.ctrl.org