-Caveat Lector-

Mark McHugh wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Do you know how a fluorescent light bulb works, Colleen?
>
> An electric current is passed from one end of the tube to the other.

Nope, the current is passed through a heater element on each end of the tube.  The
heater element excites the gas in the tube.  The excited gas is what gives off
light.
Jim

>  The some
> of the eletrons' energy is absorbed by the gas enclosed inside the tube and
> reradiated by the gas atoms in a visible wavelength.

Nope, again.  It's a little more complicated than that.

> Energy is coming off your antennae,

I thought this was a reception antennae.  Antennae that receive do not create any
RF energy by its self.  They must be connected to a RF transmitter.  You may hold
a fluorescent light next to the antennae of a RF transmitter and when that
transmitter is keyed, you will see the fluorescent light glow.

> exciting the halogen and producing the
> familiar glow.

halogen requires more heat than a fluorescent light to cause light emission.  I
have never experimented with Halogen, but I'll bet it would require RF energy as
well to cause it to give off light.
Jim