-Caveat Lector-

- STAR FIRE -

The Gold of the Gods

The true Grail bloodline originated with the Anunnaki gods in southern
Sumeria  at least 6,000 years ago and was sustained by ingestion of an
alchemical  substance called 'Star Fire'.

Part 1 of 3

Extracted  from  Nexus  Magazine, Volume 5, Number 6
(October-November 1998).
PO Box 30, Mapleton Qld 4560 Australia. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone: +61 (0)7 5442 9280; Fax: +61 (0)7 5442 9381

>From our web page at: http://www.icom.net/~nexus/
>From a lecture presented by
Sir Laurence Gardner, Kt St Gm., KCD, KT St A.
at the 1998 NEXUS Conference held in Sydney, 25 & 26 July
Transcript © Sir Laurence Gardner 1998

It is now nearly two years since my book, Bloodline of the Holy Grail,
was  published, and for those of you who have not read this  (or  have
not  seen  the   serialised lecture transcript in NEXUS magazine), the
investigation is  essentially concerned with the  Messianic  Bloodline
as  it  has  descended through  the family of Jesus Christ down to the
present day.  It is also concerned with  comparing the  New  Testament
Gospels  with  the  first-hand  historical  accounts  of   the era, as
related in both the Roman and Jewish archives.   In  this  regard,  it
details   how   the  eventual  Christian  High  Church  corrupted  and
manipulated the  early records to suit its own political agenda.

Despite the contrived doctrine that Jesus was born of a virgin and was
the 'one  and only' son of God (definitions that did  not  feature  in
the  original  pre-Roman  texts), the New Testament Gospels of Matthew
and Luke actually give details of    Jesus'  descendant  lineage  from
David  of  Israel  and  the  Kings  of Judah. This has  led to the one
question I have been  asked  more  than  any  other  during  the  past
months.   The  question (in its various forms) asks quite simply: What
was so  special about this Bloodline in the first place?

Given that the dynastic  succession  from  Jesus  has  been  expressly
prominent  in    sovereign and political affairs through 2,000 years -
with  the  family  constantly    supporting  constitutional  democracy
against  control  by the Church establishment  - its status rests upon
the fact that Jesus was a lineal descendant of King  David.

But, what was it that made the line of  David  so  important,  and  so
different from   any other?  It was this very question which set me on
the trail for my next book,  Genesis of the Grail Kings,  which  tells
the story of the Messianic line from the  very beginning.

The  Bible  explains that the Bloodline story began with Adam and Eve,
from whose  third son, Seth, evolved a line which  progressed  through
Methuselah  and  Noah,  and eventually to Abraham who became the Great
Patriarch of the Hebrew nation.  It then relates that Abraham  brought
his  family  westwards  out  of Mesopotamia  (present-day Iraq) to the
land of Canaan (or Palestine), from where some  of  his    descendants
moved into Egypt. After a few generations they moved back into  Canaan
where,  in  time,  the  eventual David of Bethlehem became King of the
newly  defined Kingdom of Israel.

If viewed as it is presented in the scriptures, this is a  fascinating
saga;  but    there  is nothing anywhere to indicate why the ancestral
line of David and his  heirs was in any way special.  In  fact,  quite
the reverse is the case.  His  ancestors are portrayed as a succession
of  wandering  territory-seekers  who are  seen to be of no particular
significance until the time of King David.  Their    biblical  history
bears  no  comparison  to,  say, the contemporary Pharaohs of  ancient
Egypt. Their significance, we are told, comes from the fact that (from
 the time of Abraham) they were designated as 'God's  chosen  people'.
But  even    this  leaves  us  wondering,  because,  according  to the
scriptures, their God led  them through nothing but  a  succession  of
famines,  wars  and  general hardship -  and, on the face of it, these
early Hebrews do not appear to have been too  bright!

We are faced, therefore, with a couple of possibilities.  Either David
was not of  this Abraham succession at all,  and  was  simply  grafted
into the list by later  writers.  Or maybe we have been presented with
a  very  corrupted  version of the  family's early history - a version
that was specifically designed to uphold the  emergent  Jewish  faith,
rather than to represent historical fact.  In consideration of this, I
was  reminded  of  precisely what I had found with the  New Testament.
The Gospel texts that have been in the public domain  for    centuries
bear  little  relation to the first-hand accounts of the era.  The New
Testament, as we know it, was compiled by the 4th-century  bishops  to
support the    newly  contrived  Christian  belief.   But, what if the
Jewish scribes had previously  done exactly the same thing?

Clearly, I had to get back to the more ancient writings  in  order  to
find any    anomalies.    The  problem  was  that,  even  if this were
possible, the earliest Hebrew   writings  (which  were  rehashed  many
centuries later) were themselves only written  between the 6th and the
1st  centuries  BC,  so  they were not likely to be that  authentic in
their telling of history from thousands of years before.   Indeed,  it
was  plain  that this would be the case, because when these books were
first  written their express purpose was to  convey  a  history  which
upheld  the    principles  of  the Jewish faith - a faith that did not
emerge until well into the  ancestral story.

Given that the first group of these books was written while  the  Jews
were  held   captive in Mesopotamian Babylon in the 6th century BC, it
is apparent that  Babylon was where the  original  records  were  then
held.   In  fact,  from  the  time  of    Adam,  through  some 19 said
generations down to Abraham, the whole of Old   Testament  patriarchal
history  was  Mesopotamian.  More  specifically, the history  was from
Sumer in southern Mesopotamia, where the ancient Sumerians did  indeed
refer to the grasslands of the Euphrates delta as the Eden.

When  researching  for  Bloodline of the Holy Grail, I found that good
sources for  some background information were the various Gospels  and
texts  that  were  not    selected  for inclusion in the canonical New
Testament. Perhaps, I thought, the    same  might  apply  to  the  Old
Testament.  The  books of Enoch and Jubilees, for  example, were among
those not included.

A further book, to which attention is specifically drawn  in  the  Old
Testament    books  of  Joshua  and Samuel, is the Book of Jasher. But
despite its apparent  importance to the Hebrew  writers,  it  was  not
included in  the  final  selection.  Two other works are also cited in
the Bible. The Book of Numbers draws our  attention to the Book of The
Wars of Jehovah. And in the Book of Isaiah we are    directed  towards
the Book of the Lord.

What are these  books?  Where are these books?  They are all mentioned
in the Bible  (which means they all pre-date the Old  Testament),  and
they are  all  cited as  being important.  So, why did the editors see
fit to exclude them when the  selection was made?

In pursuing an answer to this question and in studying  the  substance
of  the Old  Testament prior to its corruption, one fact which becomes
increasingly clear is  that in English-language Bibles the  definition
'Lord'  is used in a general  context, but in earlier texts a positive
distinction is drawn between 'Jehovah'  and 'the Lord'.

It has often been wondered why the biblical God  of  the  Hebrews  led
them  through    trials  and  tribulations, floods and disasters, when
(from time to time) he    appears  to  have  performed  with  a  quite
contrary and  merciful personality.  The  answer is that, although now
seemingly embraced as 'the One God'  by  the  Jewish    and  Christian
figures of Jehovah and the Lord. They were, in  fact,  quite  separate
deities.   The  god referred to as 'Jehovah' was traditionally a storm
god, a god of wrath and  vengeance, whereas the  god  referred  to  as
'the Lord' was a god of fertility and  wisdom.

So, what  was  the  name  given to the Lord in the early writings?  It
was, quite  simply, the prevailing Hebrew word  for  'Lord',  and  the
word  was  'Adon'. As for  the apparent personal name of Jehovah, this
was not used in the early days, and  even the Bible tells that the God
of Abraham was called 'El Shaddai', which  means 'Lofty Mountain'.

The apparent name 'Jehovah' came from the original Hebrew  stem  YHWH,
which  meant  'I am that I am' - said to be a statement made by God to
Moses on Mount Sinai,  hundreds of years after the  time  of  Abraham.
'Jehovah'  was  therefore  not  a  name  at all, and early texts refer
simply to 'El Shaddai' and to his opposing  counterpart, 'Adon'.

To the Canaanites, these gods were respectively called 'El Elyon'  and
'Baal'  -  which meant precisely the same things ('Lofty Mountain' and
'Lord').  In our modern Bibles, the definitions 'God' and  'Lord'  are
used  and  intermixed    throughout,  as if they were one and the same
character, but originally they were  not.  One was a vengeful  god  (a
people-hater),  and  the other was a social god (a  people-supporter),
and they each had wives, sons and daughters.

The old writings tell us  that  throughout  the  patriarchal  era  the
Israelites    endeavoured to support Adon, the Lord, but at every turn
El Shaddai (the storm  god, Jehovah) retaliated with floods, tempests,
famines and destruction.  Even at  the very last (around 600 BC),  the
Bible explains that Jerusalem was overthrown  at Jehovah's bidding and
tens of thousands of Jews were taken into Babylonian  captivity simply
because their King (a descendant of King David) had erected  altars in
veneration of Baal, the Adon.

It  was  during  the  course  of  this  captivity  that the Israelites
weakened and  finally conceded.  They decided to succumb to  the  'God
of  Wrath',  and  developed  a   new religion out of sheer fear of his
retribution.  It was at this time that the    name  of  Jehovah  first
appeared - and this was only 500 years before the time of  Jesus.

Subsequently,  the  Christian  Church  took  Jehovah on board as well,
calling him  simply 'God' - and all the hitherto  social  concepts  of
the Adon  were  totally  discarded.  The two religions were henceforth
both faiths of fear.  Even today,  their followers are  classified  as
'God-fearing'.

So, where  does  that  leave  us?  It leaves us knowing that within an
overall  pantheon of gods and goddesses (many  of  whom  are  actually
named  in  the  Bible),  there were two predominant and opposing gods.
In different cultures they have  been known as 'El Elyon' and  'Baal';
'El Shaddai' and 'Adon'; 'Arhiman' and  'Mazda'; 'Jehovah' and 'Lord';
'God'  and  'Father'.  But these styles are all  titular; they are not
personal names.

So who precisely were they?  To find the answer we  have  to  look  no
further  than    where these gods were actually operative, and the old
Canaanite texts  (discovered in Syria in the 1920s) tell us that their
courts were in the  Tigris-Euphrates valley  in  Mesopotamia,  in  the
Sumerian Eden delta of the  Persian Gulf.

But what  did  the  ancient  Sumerians call these two gods?  What were
their personal  names?  We can trace the Sumerian written records back
to about 3700 BC, and they  tell us that the  gods  in  question  were
brothers.   In  Sumer,  the  storm god who  eventually became known as
Jehovah was called 'Enlil' or 'Ilu-kur-gal' (meaning   'Ruler  of  the
'Enki'. This name is really important  to  our  story  because  'Enki'
means  'Archetype'.

The  texts  inform  us that it was Enlil who brought the Flood; it was
Enlil who  destroyed Ur and Babylon, and it was Enlil  who  constantly
opposed the  education    and enlightenment of humankind.  Indeed, the
early Syrian texts tell us that it   was  Enlil  who  obliterated  the
cities  of Sodom and Gomorrah on the Dead Sea - not  because they were
dens of wickedness, as we are taught, but because  they  were    great
centres of wisdom and learning.

It was Enki, on the other hand, who, despite the wrath of his brother,
granted  the Sumerians access to the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of
Life.  It  was  Enki  who set up the escape strategy during the Flood,
and it was Enki who passed over  the time-honoured Tables of Destiny -
the tables of scientific law which became  the bedrock  of  the  early
mystery schools in Egypt.

Many  books  talk about the hermetic school of Tuthmosis III of Egypt,
who reigned  about 1450 BC. But it is not  generally  known  that  the
school  he  originally    inherited was the Royal Court of the Dragon.
This had been founded by the  priests of Mendes in about 2200  BC  and
was subsequently ratified by the 12th  dynasty Queen Sobeknefru.

This  sovereign  and  priestly Order passed from Egypt to the Kings of
Jerusalem;  to the Black Sea Princes of Scythia and into the Balkans -
notably  to  the  Royal    House  of  Hungary,  whose  King  Sigismund
reconstituted the  Court  just 600 years  ago.  Today it exists as the
Imperial and Royal Court of the Dragon Sovereignty,   and  after  some
4,000 years  it  is the oldest sovereign Court in the world.  But what
were the earliest aims and ambitions of the Order  back  in  Pharaonic
times?  They were to perpetuate and advance the alchemical strength of
the Royal  Bloodline from Lord Enki, the Archetype.

The  kings  of  the  early  succession (who reigned in Sumer and Egypt
before  becoming Kings of Israel) were anointed upon  coronation  with
the fat  of  the  Dragon (the sacred crocodile).  This noble beast was
referred to in Egypt as the  Messeh (from  which  derived  the  Hebrew
verb  'to  anoint'),  and  the kings of this  dynastic succession were
always referred to as 'Dragons', or  'Messiahs'  (meaning    'Anointed
Ones').

In  times  of  battle,  when  the  armies  of  different kingdoms were
conjoined, an  overall leader was chosen and he was called the  'Great
Dragon' (the 'King of  Kings') - or, as we better know the name in its
old Celtic form, the  'Pendragon'.

One  of the interesting items from the archives of the Dragon Court is
the origin  of the word 'kingship'. It derives from the very  earliest
of  Sumerian culture,  wherein 'kingship' was identical with 'kinship'
- and 'kin' means 'blood  relative'.  In its original form,  'kinship'
was 'kainship'. And the first King of  the Messianic Dragon succession
was the biblical Cain (Kain), head of the  Sumerian House of Kish.

traditional Genesis story, for the historical line to David and  Jesus
was not    from Adam and Eve's son Seth at all.  It was from Eve's son
Cain, whose recorded  successors (although given little space  in  the
Old  Testament)  were the first  great Kings (or Kains) of Mesopotamia
and Egypt.

Two more important features then come to light when reading the  Bible
again with    this knowledge in mind.  We all tend to think of Cain as
being the first son of  Adam and Eve, but he was not.  Even  the  Book
of  Genesis  tells  us  that he was not,  and it confirms how Eve told
Adam that Cain's father was the Lord. Who was 'the  Lord'?   The  Lord
was  Adon, and Adon was Enki. Even outside the Bible, the  writings of
the Hebrew Talmud and Midrash make it quite plain that  Cain  was  not
the son of Adam.

So  what else have we been wrongly taught about this particular aspect
of  history?  The Book of Genesis  (in  its  English-translated  form)
tells us  that  Cain    was 'a tiller of the ground'.  But this is not
what the original texts say at  all.  What they say is that  Cain  had
'dominion  over  the Earth' - which is a  rather different matter when
considering his kingly status.

In fact, the Bible translators appear to have had a  constant  problem
with  the    word 'Earth', often translating it to 'ground', 'clay' or
'dust'. But the early  texts actually referred to 'The Earth'. Even in
the case of Adam and Eve, the  translators got it wrong.    The  Bible
says:  'Male  and  female  he  created them, and  he called their name
Adam.' The older writings use the more complete word   'Adama',  which
means  'of  the Earth'. But this did not mean they were made of  dirt;
it means that they were 'of The Earth' -  or,  as  the  Anchor  Hebrew
Bible  explains in absolutely precise terms, they were 'Earthlings'.

There  is  a lot to be said about the story of Adam and Eve and of how
they were  the result of clinical cloning.  Writers such as  Zechariah
Sitchin  have  written  at some length in this regard, and my new book
delves far more deeply into the  subject.  I shall not dwell upon this
particular aspect now because I want to  move more directly  into  the
alchemy  of the Messianic Bloodline of the Earthly  Dragon Kings. What
I will say is that the Sumerian records state that around  6,000 years
ago, Adam and Eve (known then as 'Atabba' and 'Ava',  and  jointly  as
the  'Adama') were purpose-bred for kingship at the House of Shimti by
Enki and  his sister-wife Nin-khursag. In Sumerian, the word Shi-im-ti
meant  'breath-wind-life'.

Adam was certainly not the first man on Earth, but he was the first of
the  alchemically devised kingly succession.  Nin-khursag  was  called
'Lady  of  the    Embryo' or 'Lady of Life', and she was the surrogate
mother for Atabba and Ava  who were created from human ova  fertilised
by the Lord Enki.

It  was  because  of  Nin-khursag's  title, Lady of Life, that Ava was
later given  the same title by the Hebrews. Indeed, the name  Ava  (or
Eve)  was  subsequently    said  to  mean  'Life'.  And  there  is  an
interesting parallel here, because in  Sumerian the distinction  'Lady
of  Life'  was  Nin-tî  (Nin  meaning 'Lady', and tî  meaning 'Life').
However, another Sumerian word, ti (with the  longer    pronunciation,
misunderstanding of the two words, tî and ti,  that  Eve  also  became
incorrectly  associated with Adam's rib.

Both  Enki  and Nin-khursag (along with their brother Enlil, the later
Jehovah)  belonged to a pantheon of gods and goddesses referred to  as
the  Anunnaki,    meaning  'Heaven  came to Earth'. In fact, the Grand
Assembly of the Anunnaki  (later called the 'Court of the Elohim')  is
mentioned in Psalm 82 wherein  Jehovah makes his bid for supreme power
over the other gods.

According  to the Dragon tradition, the importance of Cain was that he
was    directly  produced  by  Enki  and  Ava,  so   his   blood   was
three-quarters Anunnaki. His  half-brothers Hevel and Satanael (better
known  as  Abel  and  Seth)  were  less than  half Anunnaki, being the
offspring of Atabba and Ava (Adam and Eve).  Cain's Anunnaki blood was
so advanced that it was said  that  his  brother  Abel's    blood  was
'Earthbound' by  comparison.    Cain,  it  was said in the scriptures,
'rose  far above Abel', so that his brother's blood was swallowed into
the ground.    But    this   original   description   was   thoroughly
mistranslated  for  our  modern Bible, and  we are now told that 'Cain
rose up against Abel and spilled his blood upon the  ground'.  This is
not the same thing at all.

We can now progress our story by considering the oldest Grant of  Arms
in    sovereign  history - a Grant of Arms which denoted the Messianic
Dragon Bloodline  for all  time.    The  Sumerians  referred  to  this
insignia as  the  Gra-al. Sounds  familiar, doesn't it?  From biblical
history, however, we know it better as the  'Mark of Cain'.

This 'Mark' is portrayed to us by the Church as if it were  some  form
of curse.   But, knowing what we now know, the Bible does not actually
say this.  What it  says is that, having got  into  an  argument  with
Jehovah  over  a  matter of  sovereign observance, Cain feared for his
life.  We are then informed that the  Lord placed a  mark  upon  Cain,
swearing sevenfold  vengeance  against  his  enemies.  No one has ever
really understood why Jehovah should decide to protect Cain when    it
was he  who  held  the  grievance  against  him.  But the fact is that
Jehovah did  not  make  this  decision.    Cain's  protector  was  not
Jehovah.  As  stated,  the 'Mark'  was settled upon Cain by the Lord -
and the Lord (the Adon) was Cain's own  Father, Enki.

Few people ever think to enquire about the supposed enemies of Cain as
defined  in Genesis. Who could they possibly have been?   Where  would
they have  come from?  According to the Bible, only Adam and Eve, with
their sons Cain and Abel,  existed - and Cain  had  apparently  killed
Abel.  If  we  are  to accept the text as  it stands, there was no one
around to be his enemy!

So, what was this Sumerian Gra-al which the Bible calls 'the  Mark  of
Cain'?   It  was an emblem dignified as the 'Cup of the Waters' or the
Rosi-Crucis (the 'Dew  Cup'), and it was  identified  in  all  records
(including  those of Egypt and  Phoenicia and in the Hebrew annals) as
being an upright, centred red cross  within a circle.  Throughout  the
ages  it  was  developed  and embellished, but it  has always remained
essentially the same and is recognised as being the original    symbol
of the Holy Grail.

Another  anomaly  is  presented soon afterwards in Genesis when we are
told that  Cain found himself a wife.  Who on Earth were  her  parents
if Adam and Eve were  the only couple alive?  Without confronting this
anomaly  at  all,  Genesis  then  proceeds to list for us the names of
Cain's descendants!

It becomes clear from all of this that some very important information
has been  edited from the Old Testament narrative.  Clearly there were
plenty of other  people around at the time and it is not difficult  to
find  their  stories outside  the Bible. Quite apart from the Sumerian
annals, even old Hebrew and early  Christian texts give  us  far  more
information in this regard.

In  order  to further enhance the succession from Cain, he was married
to his  half-sister -  a  pure-bred  Anunnaki  princess,  Luluwa.  Her
father  was Enki and her  mother was Lilith, a granddaughter of Enlil.
Although not giving the name of  Cain's  wife,  the  Bible  does  name
their  younger  son  Enoch, while the Sumerian  records cite his elder
son and kingly successor, Atûn, who is perhaps better  known  as  King
Etana of Kish.

Etana  was  said  to have 'walked with the gods', and to have been fed
from the  'Plant of Birth' (or the 'Tree of Life', as it is called  in
Genesis).   Henceforth, the kings of the line were designated as being
the twigs of the Tree  - and the ancient word  for  'twig'  was  klone
(clone).  In  later  times  this 'Plant'  or 'Tree' was redefined as a
'Vine', and so the Gra-al, the  Vine  and  the    Messianic  Bloodline
became conjoined as one in the literature of subsequent  ages.

By  virtue  of  their  contrived  breeding, this kingly succession was
modelled    specifically  for  leadership,  and  in  all  aspects   of
knowledge,  culture,  awareness, wisdom and intuition they were highly
advanced against their mundane  contemporaries.    In  order  to  keep
their  blood  as pure as possible, they always  married within a close
kinship.

It was fully recognised that the prominent gene of the succession  was
carried   within  the  blood  of  the  mother.  Today we call this the
'mitochondrial DNA'. And  so was born a tradition inherited  by  their
kingly descendants in Egypt and by  the later Celtic rulers of Europe.
True kingship, it was maintained, was  transferred through the female,
and  so  kingly  marriages  were strategically  cemented with maternal
half-sisters or first cousins.

Having reached the point where the Plant of Birth is  first  mentioned
in the  records, we are at about 3500 BC; and it is at this point that
we  begin  to  learn    how  the kingly succession was orally fed with
bodily supplements from the early  days.  This practice continued  formore
than  1,000  years  until the nourishment  program became wholly
scientific and alchemical.

Before getting into the  detail  of  the  kingly  diet,  it  is  worth
considering  why   it was that the all-important Royal Bloodline which
progressed from Cain and his  sons was strategically  ignored  by  the
Hebrews  and  the  Christian  Church  in  favour  of their promoting a
parallel junior line from Adam's son  Seth.  Why  was  it  that    the
immediate  Cainite  dynasty  was  eventually  shunned  by  the fearful
disciples of  Enlil-Jehovah?

In the Old Testament Book of Genesis, the lines of descent  are  given
from  Cain    and from his half-brother Seth, but it is of interest to
note that through the  early generations the names  detailed  in  each
list  are  pretty much the same,  although given in a different order:
Enoch, Yared, Mahalaleel, Methuselah and  Lamech.

In view of this, it has often been suggested that the line  from  Seth
down  to    Lamech's son Noah was (not very cleverly) contrived by the
Bible compilers so as  to avoid showing the true descent from Cain  to
the  time  of  Noah.  If this were  the case, then something must have
occurred during the lifetime of Noah to cause  the ancestral story  to
be veiled  by  the  later  writers.  The answer is to be found  in the
Bible itself.

At that stage in the family's history, the vengeful Jehovah apparently
warned  Noah and his sons against the ingestion of blood  -  an  edict
which became  expressly important to the later Jewish way of life.  It
has  long  been  a    customary  Jewish  practice  to  hang  meat  for
blood-letting before cooking and  consumption.

But, in contrast, the Christian faith is especially concerned with the
figurative ingestion of blood.  In  the  Christian  tradition  it  is
customary  to  take the Communion sacrament (the Mass) wherein wine is
drunk from the sacred  chalice, symbolically representing the blood of
Jesus, the lifeblood of the  Messianic Vine.

Could it be, perhaps, that the modern Christian custom is an unwitting
 throw-back to some distant pre-Noah ritual which Jehovah opposed?  If
so, then  since it is known that the chalice is a wholly female symbol
which has been  emblematic of the womb from the earliest times,  might
this even  have  been  an   extract of menstrual blood?  The answer to
these questions is 'Yes'. That was  precisely the custom, but  it  was
not so  unsavoury  as  it  might  seem.    Indeed, few  of us think to
enquire about  the  ultimate  sources  of  many  of  today's  ingested
medicines and bodily supplements, and those in the know would often be
reluctant   to tell us.  The Premarin hormone, for example, comes from
the urine of pregnant    mares,  while  certain  growth  hormones  and
insulin are manufactured from E. coli,  a faecal bacterium.

The  blood  extract  in question was, in the first instance, not human
but from the  sacred Anunnaki lunar essence - that  of  Enki's  sister
Nin-khursag,  the  designated Lady of Life. It was defined as the most
potent of all life-forces  and was venerated as being 'Star Fire'.  It
was  from  the womb of Nin-khursag that  the kingly line was born, and
it was with her  blood,  the  divine  Star  Fire,  that    the  Dragon
succession was supplementally fed.

In  ancient  Egypt,  Nin-khursag was called 'Isis', and by either name
she was the  ultimate Mother of the Messianic line, for hers  was  the
matriarchal  gene which  constituted the 'Beginning', the 'Gene-Isis',
or, as the Greeks identified it,  the Genesis.

It is worth reminding ourselves, then,  that  the  biblical  edict  to
abstain from  blood came not from Enki the Wise but from Enlil-Jehovah
- the God of Wrath who  had instigated the Flood, had wrought havoc in
Ur and Babylon, and had  endeavoured to deceive Adam by saying that he
would  die  if  he ate from the Tree  of Knowledge. This was not a god
who liked people, and the Sumerian records are   very  clear  in  this
regard.   Hence,  if  he  forbade  the  taking of blood, this was  not
likely to have  been  an  edict  for  the  benefit  of  Noah  and  his
descendants -  it was most probably to their detriment.

In  strict  terms  the original Star Fire was the lunar essence of the
Goddess,  but, even in  an  everyday  mundane  environment,  menstruum
contains the most  valuable endocrinal secretions, especially those of
the pineal  and  pituitary    glands.    The  brain's  pineal gland in
particular was directly associated with the  Tree of  Life,  for  this
tiny  gland was said to secrete the very essence of active  longevity,
called soma, or, as the Greeks called it, ambrosia.

In mystic circles, the menstrual 'flow-er' ('she who flows') has  long
been  the    designated  'flower'  and  is  represented as a lily or a
lotus.  Indeed, the  definition 'flow-er' is  the  very  root  of  our
modern word 'flower'. In ancient  Sumer, the key females of the Dragon
succession  were  all venerated as lilies,  having such names as Lili,
Luluwa, Lilith, Lilutu and Lillette.

In pictorial representation, the Messianic Dragon bore little relation
to the  winged, fire-breathing beast of later Western mythology.    It
was, in essence, a  large-jawed serpent with four legs, very much like
a crocodile  or  a monitor.  This was the sacred Messeh whose name was
'Draco'. Draco was a divine emblem of  the Egyptian Pharaohs, a symbol
of the Egyptian Therapeutate, of the Essenes at  Qumran, and  was  the
Bistea  Neptunis  (the  sea  serpent)  of  the descendant  Merovingian
Fisher-Kings in Europe.

In the old Hebrew Bibles, all references to serpents are made  by  use
of  the  word    nahash  (from the stem NHSH); but this usage does not
relate to serpents in the  way that we would know them - that  is,  as
venomous snakes.    It  relates  to    serpents  in  their traditional
capacity as bringers of wisdom and enlightenment,  for the word nahash
actually means 'to decipher' or 'to find out'.

Serpents, in one form or another, were always associated  with  wisdom
and    healing,  and  the  Trees of Life and Knowledge are customarily
identified with  serpents.  Indeed, the insignia of  many  of  today's
medical  associations  is    precisely  this image of a serpent coiled
around the Plant of Birth (Tree of  Life) - a depiction shown  in  the
clay reliefs of ancient Sumer to be Enki's  personal emblem.

Interestingly,  though,  another  common  emblem  for  medical  relief
organisations  depicts two  coiled  serpents,  spiralling  around  the
winged caduceus  of Hermes the  magician.  In these instances the true
symbolism of the Star Fire ritual is  conveyed, and this symbol can be
traced back to the very origins of the  alchemical mystery schools and
gnostic institutions.

The records explain that  the  central  staff  and  entwined  serpents
represent the    spinal  cord and the sensory nervous system.  The two
uppermost wings signify the  brain's lateral  ventricular  structures.
Between  these  wings,  above  the  spinal  column, is shown the small
central node of the pineal gland.

The combination of the central pineal and its lateral wings  has  long
been    referred to as the 'Swan', and in Grail lore (as in some yogic
circles) the Swan  is emblematic of the fully enlightened being.  This
is the ultimate realm of   consciousness  achieved  by  the  mediaeval
Knights  of  the  Swan,  as  epitomised  by  such chivalric figures as
Perceval and Lohengrin.

Most of you are probably quite familiar  with  the  functions  of  the
pineal and   other glands of the endocrinal system.  But for those who
are perhaps not, the  pineal is a very small gland, shaped like a pine
cone and about the size of a  grain of corn.  It is centrally situated
within the brain, although outside the  ventricles and not  forming  a
part of the brain-matter as such.

The  pineal  gland  was  thought  by  the  17th-century French optical
scientist René  Descartes to be the seat of the soul -  the  point  at
which the mind and body are  conjoined.  The ancient Greeks considered
it  likewise,  and  in  the  4th  century BC  Herophilus described the
pineal as an organ which regulated the flow of thought.    This  gland
'double', the pineal has no counterpart.

In the days of ancient Sumer, the priests of Anu (the father of  Enlil
and  Enki)    perfected  and elaborated a ramifying medical science of
living substances, with  menstrual Star Fire being an essential source
component.  In the first instance,    this  was  pure  Anunnaki  lunar
essence  called  'Gold of the Gods', and it was fed  only to the Kings
and Queens of the Dragon succession.  Later, however, in  Egypt    and
Mediterranea,  menstrual  Star Fire was ritually collected from sacred
virgin  priestesses who were venerated as 'Scarlet Women'. Indeed, the
very word  'ritual' stems from this practice, and from the word ritu -
which defined the  sacred ceremony of the 'Red Gold'.

Endocrinal  supplements  are,  of  course,  still  used   by   today's
organotherapy    establishment, but their inherent secretions (such as
melatonin and serotonin)  are obtained from the dessicated  glands  of
dead  animals  and they lack the truly  important elements which exist
only in live human glandular manufacture.  In the  fire  symbolism  of
ancient  alchemy,  the  colour  'red'  is  synonymous  with  the metal
'gold'. In some traditions (including the Indian  tantras),  'red'  is
also  identifiable with 'black'. Hence, the goddess Kali is said to be
both 'red'  and 'black'. The original heritage of Kali  was,  however,
Sumerian,  and she was  said to be Kalimâth, the sister of Cain's wife
Luluwa.

Kali was a primary princess of the Dragon House,  and  from  her  Star
Fire  association she became the goddess of time, seasons, periods and
cycles.   Because    of  this,  her  name  was  the  root  of the word
'calendar' (kalindar), which is    concerned  with  the  divisions  of
seasonal time.

In  the  early  days, therefore, the metals of the alchemists were not
common  metals but living essences, and the ancient mysteries were  of
a physical,  not  a    metaphysical,  nature.    Indeed, the very word
'secret' has  its  origin  in  the    hidden  knowledge  of  glandular
secretions.   Truth  was the ritu (the 'redness' or  'blackness'), and
from the word ritu stems not only ritual but also the words    'rite',
matter in the form of the purest and most noble of all  metals:  gold.
Hence, gold  was deemed an 'ultimate truth'.

Just  as  the  word  'secret'  has its origin in the translation of an
ancient word,  so too  do  other  related  words  have  their  similar
bases.  In ancient Egypt, the  word Amen was used to signify something
hidden or  concealed.    The word 'occult'  meant pretty much the same
('hidden from view'), and yet today we use 'Amen' to  conclude  hymns,
while something 'occult' is deemed sinister.  In real terms,  however,
they  both  relate  to the word 'secret', and all three words were, at
one  time or another, connected with the mystic science of  endocrinal
secretions.   Since Kali was associated with 'black' (being 'black but
beautiful'), the  English word 'coal' (denoting 'that which is black')
stems also from her name  via the  intermediate  word  kol.    In  the
Hebrew  tradition,  Bath-Kol  (a  Kali    counterpart)  was called the
'Daughter of the Voice', and the voice was said to  originate during a
female's puberty.  Hence, the womb was associated with the  voice, and
Star Fire was said to be the oracular 'Word of  the  Womb'.  The  womb
was, therefore, itself the 'utterer', or the 'uterus'.

The  'Scarlet  Women'  were  so called because of their being a direct
source of the  priestly Star Fire. They were known  in  Greek  as  the
Hierodulai ('Sacred Women')  - a word later transformed (via mediaeval
French  into English) to 'harlot'. In  the early Germanic tongue, they
were known as Horés  -  which  was  later  Anglicised    to  'whores'.
However,  the word originally meant, quite simply, 'Beloved Ones'.  As
pointed out  in  good  etymological  dictionaries,  these  words  were
descriptions    of high veneration and were never interchangeable with
such  words  as    'prostitute'  or  'adulteress'.  Their  now  common
association  was,  in  fact,  a    wholly  contrived  strategy  of the
mediaeval Roman Church in its bid to denigrate  the  noble  status  of
the sacred priestess.

The  withdrawal  of  knowledge of the genuine Star Fire tradition from
the public  domain occurred when the science of the early  adepts  and
later Gnostics (the  true pre-Christian Christians) was stifled by the
forgers  of  historic   Christianity. A certain amount of the original
gnosis (or knowledge) is  preserved in Talmudic and  rabbinical  lore,
but,  generally  speaking, the  mainstream Jews and Christians did all
in their power to distort and destroy all  traces of the ancient art.

In addition to being the 'Gold of the Gods',  the  Anunnaki  menstruum
was  also  called the 'Vehicle of Light', being the ultimate source of
manifestation, and  in this regard it was directly  equated  with  the
mystical 'Waters  of  Creation' -  the flow of eternal wisdom.  It was
for this reason that the Rosi-Crucis (the Dew   Cup,  or  Cup  of  the
Waters  identified as a red cross within a circle) became the  Mark of
Cain, and the subsequent emblem of the kingly succession.

It was said that the Light remained quite  dormant  in  a  spiritually
unawakened   person but that it could be awakened and motivated by the
spiritual energy of  self-will, and by constant self-enquiry.  This is
not an obvious mental process,  but a truly thought-free consciousness
- a formless plane of pure Being.

** cont in part 2 **

About the Speaker:

Sir Laurence Gardner, Kt St Gm., KCD, KT St A., is an  internationally
known   sovereign and chivalric genealogist.  He holds the position of
Prior of the  Celtic Church of the Sacred Kindred  of  Saint  Columba,
and  is  distinguished  as  Le  Chevalier Labhràn de Saint Germain and
Preceptor of the Knights Templars of  Saint Anthony. Sir  Laurence  is
also  Presidential  Attaché  to  the  European  Council  of Princes (a
constitutional advisory body established in 1946), and Chancellor   of
the Imperial and Royal Court of the Dragon Sovereignty. He is formally
attached to the Noble Household Guard of the Royal House of Stewart,
founded  at    St  Germain-en-Laye  in  1692,  and  is  the   Jacobite
Historiographer Royal by  Appointment.

Editor's Notes:

¥  Correspondence  for Sir Laurence Gardner should be sent to him care
of his  postal address: Columba House, PO Box 20, Tiverton  EX16  5YP,
United Kingdom.

¥  Sir Laurence Gardner's first book, Bloodline of the Holy Grail: The
Hidden  Lineage of Jesus Revealed, was published by Element  Books  in
1996  (ISBN    1-85230-870-2 h/c), and is available in paperback (ISBN
1-86204-152-0),  distributed widely by Penguin Books. It was  reviewed
in  NEXUS  4/01.  The  second   book in his Grail bloodline trilogy is
Genesis of the Grail Kings: The Pendragon  Legacy  of  Adam  and  Eve,
which  is  due  to  be  published  by  Bantam-Transworld in the  first
quarter of 1999.

¥ Video tapes of Sir Laurence Gardner's presentation at the 1998 NEXUS
 Conference in Sydney are now available.  Contact your nearest  office
for  details    or, better still, e-mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a
quicker reply.

The conference presentation was essentially the same as articles which
appeared  in NEXUS Magazine, Vol.5, #6 (Oct-Nov 98);  Vol.6,  #1  (Dec
98-Jan  99);  and  Vol.6,  #2 (Feb-March 99). The PAL-VHS (used in NZ,
Australia, UK and lots of Europe)  tape is  3  hours  long  and  costs
AUD$40.00 (including p&h) within Australia.

European  and  NZ  orders should contact their local NEXUS offices for
orders.  The  PAL-NTSC (used in USA & Canada) tape, is  also  3  hours
(long-play  only) and is  only currently available from the AUSTRALIAN
office.  The cost is US$40.00  which    includes  airmail  postage  to
either the USA or Canada from Australia.

---

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson