-Caveat Lector-

>PRESIDENT CLINTON is now ready to consider a full-scale land war against
>Serb forces in Kosovo, sending up to 90,000 combat troops from America,
>if no peace settlement emerges within the next three weeks.
>Although Nato is only officially planning for a peace implementation
>force of 50,000-60,000 troops, there is a growing feeling in Washington
>and London that the alliance must prepare itself for a much bigger
>operation, involving 150,000-160,000 troops.

I doubt whether the Western Alliance has the capacity to deliver 20,000
troops in a half decent time scale let alone 120-000 troops.
This just isn't going to happen unless a richer Nato country gets embroiled
eg. Greece or Italy.
The original Gulf War Logistics were not originally set up for a war with Iran
but a Middle eastern Russian Oil scenario during the cold war - which was why
so many troops got where they got so quickly and so organised.
The US was faced with a 'use it or lose it' scenario after the collapse of the
wall in Berlin - and they 'used it' to Rapidly Deploy against saddaam -
says military expert.

Andrew Hennessey
Transformation Studies Group
Edinburgh    Scotland