-Caveat Lector-

   There is in the Constitution the provision for emergency rule in times of
war or rebellion. Lincoln declared such an emergency during the Civil Ward,
but it was later lifted. I believe that FDR declared a national emergency in
March of 1933 and that this has never been lifted. If I am not correct about
this, does anyone have a date for its ending? I do have a copy of the
declaration of emergency from 1933. It was the basis for the confiscation of
most American's gold.

Howard Davis