-Caveat Lector-

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Mike & Kathy Moxley wrote:

>>Why not tax churches?
>
>Because it's unconstitutional (1st Amendment) and it's double taxation.

The First Amendment says nothing about taxation; the only thing it says
about religion is that Congress shall make no laws establishing a
religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

>Pertinent Ronnie Reagan Quotes:

Quotes from a president who used taxpayer dollars to buy 14kt gold place
settings to eat off of....

The public ridiculed Nixon for his attempts to establish an 'imperial
presidency', but the same public rolled over and went to sleep when the
Reagans actually DID it...

Remember, it was during the Reagan Administration that the savings and
loan scandal was brewing, and our current boy Bill was benefitting from a
cozy relationship with the Administration and both that savings and loan
confidence game, and drug running thru that airport in Mena...

Reagan is HARDLY an icon to quote on either morality OR fiscal
responsibility...

>Government exists to protect the rights which are ours from birth; the
>right to life, to liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  A man may choose
>to sit and fish instead of working -- that's his pursuit of happiness.  He
>does not have the right to force his neighbors to support him in his
>pursuit because that interferes with their pursuit of happiness.

And what of all the people who are ready and willing to work, but find
that due to the government being in bed with big business, jobs have been
shipped overseas, and those that remain here are now being staffed by
temp workers who don't have to be paid what perm workers are paid, plus
they don't have to pay for sick days, vacations, insurance benefits,
etc.?

June

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.