-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990613b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No imperious bagbiters were tolerated during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Advice for Evil Overlords - For those of you who wanted Absolute Power
but don't know how to keep it. If I ever become an Evil Overlord I'll do
this: http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~nv91-asa/madsci/eviloverlord

: Would you like to be an Evil Overlord? Are you now or have you ever been
an Evil Overlord? Is it fun, rewarding, tiring, painful, necessary, boring?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Doomsday Comet - "Ball of Redemption" [photo] "The miraculous photo above
was taken during the Vigil of the Ascension, 1975. It depicts a red ball
hovering over the Statue of Our Lady of the Roses which symbolizes the 'Ball
of Redemption'. What is interesting to note is the image is translucent in
certain parts, which allows the trees in the background to be seen through
the image. This is only one of numerous photos which have been taken over
the years depicting the comet." http://www.roses.org/messages/domcomet.htm

: Can/will/should you be redeemed by astral phenomena? Would you rather be
redeemed by vapors, liquids, solids, energy, animals, vegetables, minerals?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Alien Bob's Command Post. "Our race has been studying your species since we
arrived on your planet in the year 1944. In 1923 one of our research ships
detected interesting low-frequency electromagnetic radiation emanating from
this star system. Several research ships and an armed escort were dispatched
to investigate the source of the signals, and to possibly make contact with
whatever life forms were discovered. After the discovery of semi-intelligent
life it was determined to be inappropriate to make more than limited contact
with the hostile species. However, several bases were constructed from which
the planet and it's life forms could be studied. This digital information
represents the first official contact of our species, the Sinoel Roc, with
humans." Learn our truths at: http://www.pnn.com/~boba/alien1.htm

: Who are your favorite aliens? By which alien race would you most like to
be conquered/studied/implanted? Would you like to become an alien yourself?
Are you an Alien Bob? Sah na Sinoel Roc edam uoy na reffo uoy t'nac esufer?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ THE CULT CONSTRUCTION SET - "Build your own Religious Cult within minutes"
Is the glass half empty of half full? That all depends upon who is looking
at it. The case is similar with the Bible. For thousands of years man has
been putting his own spin on Religion and the Scriptures and now so can you.
Simply select the beliefs that are most advantageous to you and The Cult
Construction Set will generate actual Bible scriptures to support these
beliefs. Now you too can start your own Cult in the comfort of your home!
Just seven easy steps to immortality: http://www.fadetoblack.com/cultkit/

: Have you ever started your own cult? Do you share secrets? Has your cult
committed suicide yet? Why not? Are suicide-cults a growth industry? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ FUTURE QUEENS OF THE WORLD. Ever wish you could run the world? Queen for a
day, as it were? Well, so do we. And since the job was open, we volunteered.
The rules listed herein give you an idea of what the world will be like once
we're in charge. Take your throne: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/3888/

: Would you like to rule the world? What would you do to achieve that goal?
Who would you kill, blame, sabotage, molest, exploit, vanquish, indemnify?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ THE GREAT GOD CONTEST. The rules are simple. Any religious organization in
the world is invited to enter their god. Each god will be given 3 challenges
to fulfill. These challenges have been chosen because they represent typical
accomplishments of most of the present day gods, as well as historical ones.
In light of the various literary records, these challenges should be very
easy for any god to accomplish. http://www.islandnet.com/~luree/contest.html

: How do your deities rate on a scale of 0-99? Would you switch to a higher-
ranked god? Is this contest rigged? What's the punishment for cheating here?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

@ Ask Sister Rossetta: http://www.rossetta.com/
@ Necronomi.Com Wants Your Soul: www.necronomi.com/
@ Deal With The Devil: http://www.inconnect.com/~ace/
@ The Bastard Son of the Lord: http://www.trog.com/jesus/
@ Killer Cults: http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/cults.html

$ FEM FATALITY: http://www.rustyrazor.com/liz.html
$ ARMAGEDDON CIGARETTES: For People Who Know The Future And Don't Want
  To Be There When It Happens: http://www.rustyrazor.com/arma.html

@ Cruel website of the day: http://www.cruel.com/
@ "I Think, Therefore Life Sucks!" http://www.lifesucks.com/
@ Cannibals Anonymous: http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/cults.html
@ WWW Ouija Board: http://www.math.unh.edu/~black/cgi-bin/spirit.cgi
@ Evil People, Inc. Job openings: www.gaijin.com/EvilPeople/contract.html

@ Get ordained online: http://www.ulc.org
@ Kosher Sex: http://www.dangoor.com/page17.html
@ The Aetherius Society: http://www.aetherius.org/
@ The Church Of *Diana*: http://www.dianaspeaks.org/
@ Temple of Shatner: http://comp.uark.edu/~breed/shatner.html

@ ALIEN AUTOPSY - Faked or Fiction? http://www.trudang.com/autopsy.html
@ Photo of Cow Abducted by UFO: www.artbell.com/images/abductedcow.jpg
@ HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE LEFT? http://www.deathclock.com/
@ Virtual Atomic Museum: http://www.rdrop.com/~jsexton/cd/
@ The Search for Planet X: http://xfacts.com/x1.htm

@ Tinky Winky's official biography site - learn the real TeleTub truth:
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/teletubbies/activities/tinkywinky.shtml
@ Dr Ruth's 'Desktop Goodies': http://www.drruth.com/

@ Weird Government: http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~ali/weird_government.htm
@ Weird Religion: http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~ali/weird_religion.htm
@ Weird Crime: http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~ali/weird_crime.htm
@ Weeirrd Sex: http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~ali/weird_sex.htm

@ MID-EAST REALITIES (MER): http://WWW.MiddleEast.Org
@ ZNet Commentaries: http://www.zmag.org/Commentaries/
@ 666 Cough Syrup: http://www.cardhouse.com/g/write/666.htm

"Gee darling, is that Darjeeling?" infused Lord Grey, teasingly. -RM Jackson

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SkeptiChat archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* UFO/ET/PSI * Conspiracy * Faith * Science * Fringe * Mind-Control *