-Caveat Lector-

"Damian B. Cooper" wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> At 08:24 PM 6/16/99 -0700, nurev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >What do you care if Cuba has a good health care system for it's
> >citizens? You are not paying for it. Why try so hard to demean
> >it? You come off silly trying.
>
> OK.  But silly trying to do what?
>
> Silly trying to care if Cuba has a good health care system?
> Silly trying not to pay for it?
> Silly trying to demean it?

All of the above.

> >Cuba's system works for all of its
> >citizens, and your country's system only works for citizens with
> >money. Almost half the population has no health care, or insufficient
> >health care. In a 7 trillion dollar economy.
> >
> >Joshua2
> >

> In other words, you are saying that Cuban health care is sufficient
> health care.

I'm not saying that. You are saying that. Look at the > marks on
the left. I am >>, and you are >. See.

> OK.  Next time you have a bleeding hemmerhoid, read a Che Guevera
> book and then go check into your Cuban neighborhood pre-natal care center.
> Visa and Mastercharge not accepted, but a carton of Marlboro cigarettes
> might move you ahead of all the ignorant peasants who don't have any
> Communist Pary connections.
>
> DBC

Gee I didn't realize it was so bad. How long did you live in Cuba? How
many cigarettes did it take to fix your brain?

I had hemorrhoid surgery at a great American hospital was covered
by a great American HMO, who insisted that this type of surgery
was not a big deal so I could not stay that crucial
first night in the hospital. Instead, they gave me some strong Tylenol
and
sent me home where I was in such excruciating pain that I could not
urinate
for four days. Not to mention #2. After about ten days I went back for
checkup where they discovered that I would need a second round of
surgery
because the first didn't heal right due to the fact that the pain
caused the
muscles not to function properly thus causing improper healing.

I hope you get a chance to experience the glories of for profit
medicine
too. Perhaps a small brain tumor. Or maybe a massive heart attack so
you
can enjoy our new high tech devices that make that soothing
hummmmmmmmmm.
I would have gladly given two cartons of Marlboros to Che and Fidel to
work
on my ass.

Joshua2