-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > With the mood of the nation swiftly moving toward third party
> > fever a party favoring secession is growing. It is called The
> > Southern Party (http://www.southernparty.com) and its goal is
> > to elect enough congressmen to vote independence for the South.

Of course, there's no provision in the US Constitution for the
dissolution of our democratic republic, no legal mechanism for
seceding; so if this 'movement' is to bear fruit without seeing
another US Civil War, the secessionists must first enact a con-
stitutional amendment authorizing states to withdraw from the
Union.  So, secessionist fervor must be engaged across the US.

The resultant Dixie Republic, likely comprised of Virginia, the
Carolinas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia, would be
an economic 'powerhouse' about on a par with, say, Italy, and
would be easily controlled by financial interests based in Cali
and Medellin, Columbia - in other words, it would be a plaything
of druglords.  The NSA and CIA, both based in Virginia, would
have free reign across the realm.  What a nice place, eh?

The transplanted Yankees, Canadians, Cubans and other Latinos
and Islanders of Florida would not be inclined to join Dixie,
nor would the Hispanics of Texas.  The Texas Republic would
likely be reconstituted, an oil and agribiz realm of some
importance.  A new California Republic would be reborn too,
with the 6th largest economy in the world, dwarfing Dixie &
Texas.  Other independent bio/geo-regions would emerge: a
Kingdom of Hawaii [but with a Japanese king?]; Oregon and
Washington associating with Western Canadian secessionists
to form ABC, American-British Columbia; New England merging
with the Canadian Maritimes; etc.  Hmmm, by the time the US
balkanizes totally, California will be the fifth or fourth
largest economy in the world, the dominant realm of North
America.  Read all about it in Joel Garreau's book THE NINE
NATIONS OF NORTH AMERICA.  Then consider who'll wield power.