-Caveat Lector-

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Yardbird wrote:

>I think David Berkowitz has taken to claiming he was involved in a
>widespread Satanic cult (The Process?) where he was merely the patsy set
>up to take the fall and that the NYPD allegedly suppressed evidence
>incriminatory of other participants in their eagerness to close the case.

They aren't just empty claims...the NYPD admitted about two years ago
they ignored and suppressed evidence that more than one person was
involved in the shootings.

Evidence given by survivors and eyewitnesses describe a variety of
'perps' who look very different from Berkowitz...

I forget the names of Berkowitz's next door neighbors, but the family had
two brothers who were friends with Berkowitz, and some of the
descriptions of survivors/witnesses fit what these two guys looked
like...

Both brothers subsequently died under very mysterious circumstances a few
years after Berkowitz's arrest and imprisonment...

These 2 brothers' father was named Sam, and it was his dog that Berkowitz
claimed told him to do the killings...

Some of the evidence points to more people being involved, especially
people who had money and influence...hence, they probably were
instrumental in getting the case closed as soon as Berkowitz was
arrested...

There is some circumstantial evidence to suggest that Berkowitz WAS set
up as a 'patsy', the designated fall guy...

The only reason he started talking in recent years is that he claims that
all those who were DIRECTLY involved in the killings have since died
themselves...leaving open the possibility that some of those who were
peripherally involved may still be alive...

Berkowitz has now become a born-again Christian, and seems concerned with
what will finally become of his immortal soul...and so, he's become more
chatty about what went on back then, than he was when first
incarcerated...

Also, apparantly most of his close relatives have since died, and he no
longer fears retribution taken out against his relatives for his
revealing of secrets...

I was in my 20s that summer, and I remember how fearful me and my friends
were that summer, even here in southern CT, since we often went 'down the
line' to discos right over the border in NY state, and these killings
were a little too close to home...only time I seriously considered dying
my hair blonde...

And I remember we all just 'knew' that these killings were not just some
'lone nut', but part of some group, whether satanic or otherwise...I
don't know HOW we 'knew', it was just a 'given' with us...

June ;-)

*=======================================================================*
                          Kite

                So many things you want to see
                And as you ask I'll set you free
                But as you fly
                You'll touch the sky
                And touch the heart
                Within me

                          Fly away.

                    -- Bob Childs
*=======================================================================*
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.