-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Ric Carter wrote:

> If this model were valid, people wouldn't convert to new
> religions - there'd be no Mormons, Moslems, Methodists,
> we'd all be pantheists.  Fact: when conquerors sweep into
> a region, they usually bring their belief systems along
> with them, forcibly changing the thought patterns of
> the conquered into their paradigm, their Dominant Heresy.
> The various Xian, Moslem, Hindu, Communist sects are
> mostly imposed, not inherited.

Not so.  For example, take a look at the graves of the court
yards in Eastern Europe (I saw many approaching 15-17 hundrd
years old when I was there). Every 30-50 ft archaeologists dig
today (say in a castle's court on a cliff 500 ft above Lake Bled,
Yugoslavia) they find another set of graves representing the
people of about 200-300 years earlier.

Even though history written by that circa's ruler's paid
historians (as well as these rulers's official art, architecture,
poetry, literature, theatre, music, etc., etc.) invariable claim
their conquered people to have the same cultural and religious
beliefs as their current rulers ... it is OBVIOUS WITH EVEN A
CASUAL LOOK (i.e., at the peasant grave's dressing, preparation,
artifacts, orientation of the bodies, how children were burried
touching or in the arms of parents, etc., etc., etc., ALL SHOW
WITHOUT A DOUBT) that the people NEVER CHANGED, not in THOUSANDS
OF YEARS (dozens of dyanasties).

And remember, the people buried in the castle's court were THE
MOST LOYAL of that dynasty's.  IF ANY OF THE CONQUERED PEOPLE
would have been demonstrably practicing the cultures and
religious beliefs of their rulers (as most official historical
accounts would suggest), it would have been these that were
buried WITHIN SIGHT OF WINDOWS OF THE CASTLE ITSELF that would
have demonstrated such (i.e., the kings, rulers, etc., KNEW FULL
WELL/ALLOWED THEIR PEASANTS TO KEEP THEIR CULTURE/RELIGIONS...HAD
TO!).

Best,

Mike

           Kaddish, Kaddish, Kaddish, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.