-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990713a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Hey, SkeptiChat subscribers: let's see some responses, some discussion!!
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No human-alien bonding was facilitated during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ALIENS. At annual MUFON conference, UFO
  believers argue for acceptance from the academy. (Salon) Between lectures
  like "Alien Orchestrated Human Bonding Dramas" and "Alien Abduction: Per-
  ception and the Mental Health Establishment," stroll through the abductee
  art exhibit (impressionistic depictions of otherworldly spacecraft, child-
  like images of almond-eyed aliens), or scour the halls of alien-friendly
  vendors for rare UFO books, pamphlets & must-have collectibles ("I Believe
  in UFOs!" T-shirts, flying saucer key chains and Area 51 shot glasses were
  among the shopping highlights.) "Transcending Politics & Comfort Zones in
  Ufology": http://www.salon1999.com/books/it/1999/07/12/aliens/index.html

: Do aliens orchestrate your bonding dramas? Is your abduction misperceived?
Have your comfort zones been transcended? Is selling UFO stuff profitable??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# NUDITY: LETTING IT ALL HANG OUT IS HEALTHY. The thing that fascinates me
  about nudists and nudist activities, is that all these people of different
  sizes and shapes feel so comfortable with their bodies. Most of us are
  overly concerned with aspiring to some perfect body image - as we can
  see from the statistics about the boom in cosmetic surgery. Shape up:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14158
@ DO YOU THINK THAT NUDITY IS GOOD CLEAN FUN? Enjoy your natural self:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14162
@ HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's safe to sunbathe?
  news2.thls.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/talking_point/newsid_389000/389953.asp

: Are you concerned about your body shape? Do your implants show when you're
nude? Are nude beaches guaranteed alien-free? Is modesty an alien plot? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Schizophrenic found guilty of manslaughter. (BBC) A paranoid schizophrenic
  who thought he was the son of God has been found guilty of manslaughter.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_393000/393387.stm

@ Links - Mind: http://www.mind.org.uk/
@ Association of Directors of Social Services: http://www.adss.org.uk/

: Are you the Son of God? Are you annoyed by all the others who claim to be
Sons of God? Do you want to kill them? Do they deserve to be sent to Hell?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# SACRAMENTO COPS PROBE WORLD CHURCH OF THE CREATOR. Sacramento [California]
  authorities have questioned members of The World Church of the Creator, a
  self-proclaimed whites-only group, about possible ties to suspects in 3
  synagogue fires. The suspects also are linked to the killings of a gay
  couple. "It doesn't hurt to let them know that we're aware of who they
  (church members) are": http://cnn.com/US/9907/13/synagogue.fires/

: Is your church being monitored/probed by authorities? Should you be? If
They know who you are, have you been too public? When do you go underground?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# U.S. TO EUROPE: QUIT BEEFING ABOUT GROWTH HORMONE. The US gov't wants to
  hit some European countries with trade sanctions because Europe won't
  import beef treated with growth hormones. I find this fear of cow growth
  hormone ironic, in light of the popularity of growth hormone supplements
  at the health food store. At US health food stores, anyway. Mooooo...
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14166

: What's your favorite growth hormone? Would you rather buy it from a health
food store or Burger King? Should the whole world have access to hormones?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# First degree in science fiction. (BBC) Students are set to study Star Wars
  & Doctor Who, as U. of Glamorgan offers the 1st degree in science fiction.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_393000/393253.stm

# Also: Surf's up - to a degree:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_295000/295224.stm
# Compulsory games for students:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_377000/377341.stm

: Are Sci-Fi studies part of the propaganda campaign to acclimatize humans
for the introduction of aliens into our societies? What are the contrasting
messages of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN, MARS INVADES and EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY????
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Back Orifice is child's play, say virus firms. (BBC) Computer security
  firms say cracking a new program designed to control networks running
  Microsoft software was easy. Or was it only *supposed* to look easy?
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_392000/392526.stm

# WHITE HOUSE SPILLS CYBERDEFENSE PLAN. A White House official outlined a
  10-point plan for protecting critical US information systems from attacks
  by hostile nations and organized crime. The administration plan was
  unveiled at the Black Hat Briefings computer security conference.
  http://cnn.com/TECH/computing/9907/12/cyberdef.idg/index.html

: Would you rather attend DefCon7 or the Black Hat Briefings? Were you at
both? Have you cracked any security systems lately? Do your ET friends help?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

@ ShadowMag, exploring the paranormal: www.shadowmag.com
@ Searching for Bessie, the Lake Erie Monster: www.aps.on.ca
@ Investigate the UFO Phenomenon: http://www.ufodigest.com

@ The Unknown & the Mysteries of Time & Space - "Blind Faith or Wishful
  Thinking?" - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5775/blind.html
@ Mars underground base discovered? Pic from the Pathfinder mission:
  http://members.xoom.com/duncan_ufo/_XOOM/duncan_ufo/80912fu.jpg
@ FINALLY ONE WEBSITE HAS COLLECTED THE VIDEO PROOF OF UFOs:
  http://www.internetwire.com:80/technews/tn/tn983360.dsl

  "In today's lesson, boys and girls (from our super-secret book of things
  we don't always tell our mommies and daddies), we are going to learn about
  all the wonderful, fun things you can make with a combination of feather
  dusters, English peas, and your neighbor's kitty cat." --Carol Ann Webb

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm *
* UFO/ET/PSI * Conspiracy * Fringe * Science * Faith * Sexuality *