-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990716c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Hey, SkeptiChat subscribers: let's see some responses, some discussion!!
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No Illuminati were reincarnated during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Illuminati's Plan Is Nearly Complete! "We showed the history of the
  Illuminati - how it imposed their first world war and attempted to set up
  world government through the League of Nations. We explained the overthrow
  of the Czar of Russia for the Illuminati to setup a seen enemy of the West
  and to become the destructive force for world revolution. We showed how
  they began to infiltrate into our government to change it by legislation.
  We gave proof of the establishment of a CentralBank to control our economy
  and the income tax - BOTH planks of the Communist Manifesto. We showed HOW
  the second world war was created" - http://newswatchmagazine.org/apr99/

: Are you a member/operative/pawn of the Illuminati? Are the pay/sex/drugs
good/adequate? Did you subvert any institutions lately? When will you win?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# HERBS & DRUGS: NEVER MIX, NEVER WORRY. Herbs are potent & powerful subst-
  ances - and some of them, if taken with certain prescription medications,
  can have dangerous side effects. Check this list to make sure you're not
  taking a dangerous combination. Or do you feel really really lucky today?
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14277

# OF HUMAN BONDING: THE ROLE PLAYED BY THE ORGASM HORMONE. Chemicals have a
  lot to do with our emotions, as shown by this study. It involves oxytocin,
  a hormone released during orgasm, and its role in human attachment and
  bonding. http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14276

: What are your favorite body/mind-altering substances? Do you prefer to eat
or generate them, have them implanted by aliens, soak'em in thru your skin??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Regarding Some Apollo Astronauts Allegedly Seeing UFOs On The Moon....
  Apollo 12 - Nov 14-24, 1969 - Richard F. Gordon, Pete Conrad, Alan Bean -
  Mission duration 10 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes. "Neither Alan Bean nor Pete
  Conrad saw anything UFO or ET on the moon. Alan and I have discussed this
  a number of times. In fact, none of the three crew members on that mission
  ever saw a UFO before, during, or after the mission. I was with Alan and
  Gordon, the pilot orbiting the moon during the mission, and we discussed
  the UFO topic at some length." http://www.sightings.com/ufo4/ufosmoon.htm

: Is this more typical disinformation re: UFOs? Is ALL alleged information
about UFOs, pro or con, just disinformation? Is there ANY truth out there??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Tiny Switch Could Shrink Computers - Microscopic machines with the power
  of a billion PCs. In a big step toward making computers faster and smaller
  than ever, layers of individual molecules have been forged into tiny comp-
  uter switches, scientists announced today. Researchers plan to assemble
  these switches and other diminutive components into futuristic devices
  called ``chemically assembled electronic nanocomputers,'' or CAENs --
  machines that would be billions of times more powerful than today's PCs.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/07/16
/MN36688.DTL

: How long until ever-shrinking nanocomputers evolve greater intelligence
than humans? Are we breeding our own extinction? Is this the intended result
of aliens leaking their technology to us? Will we clear the planet for them?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

@ Beyond Conspiracy: http://www.servtech.com/~grugyn/tlc-2.htm
@ Chinese takeover of Panama Canal imminent - Adm. Moorer:
  http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1999/08-02-99/vo15no16_canal.htm

# Oral Sex Becomes The Norm Among US Teens - the "anything but inter-
  course" approach to sex: http://www.sightings.com/health3/oralsex.htm
# Ohio State U. Library attracts studious & deviant - dangerous liaisons
  in the maze: http://news.excite.com/news/uw/990715/odd-99
# LIGHTS OUT AT VOYEUR DORM - Net plug pulled on women's dorm images:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_394000/394994.stm

@ CAN I SUE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OVER MEDICAL MARIJUANA? Rotsa ruck:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14271
@ HAVE YOU EVER HAD A NASAL ORGASM? Nosegasms, toegasms, eargasms, etc:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14266
@ IS MY PRIEST HANDING OUT HERPES WITH THE HOST? The Eucharist plague:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14268
@ WHY DOESN'T SMOKING MARIJUANA CAUSE CANCER? It's all a gov't plot:::
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14275
# CHROMIUM PICOLINATE: DOESN'T HELP AND MAY HURT - DNA damage, cancer:
  http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=14117

# Congress Holds Second Hearing Attacking Drug Policy Reform:
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099.html#secondhearing
# U.K. National Health Service May Expand Heroin Prescription:
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099.html#ukheroin
# Kids On Texas Border Using More Cocaine:
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099.html#texasborder
# Medical Marijuana Recommendations Proceed in California Senate:
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099.html#davisbalks
# Media Alert:  New York Premiere of "You Know What I'm Saying?"
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099html#saywhat
# EDITORIAL:  A Drug War Suppressant
  http://www.drcnet.org/wol/099.html#editorial

# US blamed for Tehran unrest - CIA provoked the riots, says a top cleric:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_396000/396173.stm
# Crisis in Iran: Special Report - Islamic Revolution dying or resurgent?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_394000/394155.stm
# Who's who in Iran: The key players - from moderates to traditionalists:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_392000/392344.stm
@ Links: Iranian news agency: http://www.irna.com/
@ Office of the Iranian President: http://www.president.ir/
@ University of Tehran: http://www.ut.ac.ir/
@ IranNews: http://www.irannews.co.uk/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "The camel died quite suddenly on the second day, and Selena fretted
  sulkily and, buffing her already impeccable nails - not for the first
  time since the journey began - pondered snidely if this would dissolve
  into a vignette of minor inconveniences like all the other holidays
  spent with Basil. --Gail Cain  ** http://www.bulwer-lytton.com **

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm *
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/ET/PSI * Conspiracy *