-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990723a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

SkeptiNews will be suspended for a week and a half while the listowner/
editor has a complete implant replacement/reprogramming/upgrade.  I'm
getting rid of these cheap Vegan implants, getting a bright new shiny
set of the best from Altair; and the OS is being upgraded from In98 to
In2000, for more assured master-control and cleaner retransmission of
monitored signals.  I urge all my implanted colleagues to undergo the
same procedure - you'll be glad you did, and so will you alien masters.
In fact, they'll probably insist on it.  Go quietly.  Resistance is
futile.  I am Flatulus of Borg - pull my finger.  <bzzt>  Damn implant...
- - - - - - - - - -
On a more serious note: Just down the road from my hilltop aerie is
a fascinating nursery, California Carnivores, the only public-access
nursery devoted to carnivorous plants.  CC has the world's largest
display of carnivores.  [Nope, I have no financial interest in CC.]

CC grows their own stock, is behind efforts to save endangered species
and their habitats, backs cloning developments, and has a great book &
website dealing with these treasures.  Venus fly-traps, pitcher plants,
sundews, etc - sure, they're cute, macabre, endangered - but they are
also GREAT for non-toxic insect control.  If you have flies, hornets,
any indoor infestation of unwanted flying arthropods [and/or their
predators], easy-to-grow carnivores may be exactly what you need.

But don't believe me; check out: http://www.californiacarnivores.com

If you're in Northern California, stop in for a visit.  They're right
next to a great winery, Mark West Vineyards, on Trenton-Healdsburg
Road off River Road west of US-101 north of Santa Rosa.  Come on out,
see the carnivores, taste some wonderful wine; then continue north
another couple miles to the Ya-Ka-Ama [yah kah ah-MA] Native American
Nursery, on the site of a former CIA/NSA monitoring post, just above
a nude beach on the Russian River.  It's a great place to have your
implants serviced, too.  You'll be glad you did.

PS - There are fine places nearby to cut crop circles. Bring your scythe.

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm *
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *