-Caveat Lector-

YnrChyldzWyld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Andrew Hennessey wrote:
> >
> >where ??? :) can you get some some phone numbers ?
>
> This response reminds me of a rape prevention workshop I attend more than
> 20 years ago...a cop recounted how rape wasn't just a crime perpetated
> against women by men, but that recently (which would have meant sometime
> in the early 1970s) there had been a series of 'rapes' in the
> Philadelphia area, where a very good looking woman seduced unwitting
> males...
>
> The cop was quick to add "Now, before you men in the audience say 'Bring
> her on!', let me add that this woman had a male accomplice who would come
> into the bedroom during the height of passion and castrate the male
> victim...."
>
> Andrew's response also belies the common misperception that rape has to
> do with sex, when in reality it deals with power and coercion...
>

> June ;-)

Sexual abuse of *any* kind is more about power and force than it is about sex.
Whether it's in the context of domestic violence, street violence, or mind
control, it's all about power. The perpetrators often (usually) have deep
feelings of either insecurity or overblown self-worth, and use sex as a weapon
to assert their superiority. As women move more and more into traditional
"male" roles in society, we can expect increasing reports of men being
sexually harrassed by women. The case June cites is probably not really an
instance of a woman raping a man, however, because I suspect that the male
"accomplice" was the instigator and had actually forced the woman to seduce
her victims. I'm not challenging the overall theme of June's post, of
course--far from it; I agree thoroughly with her comments.

Bob

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.