-Caveat Lector-

 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999
 Subj: The Flag of Concern is Raised

             The Flag of Concern is Raised

 by DOUG FIEDOR
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Heads Up

 There are two field grade and two company grade officers
 from another country who read this newsletter regularly.
 That is because we are friends.  We met by accident a few
 years ago while they were acting as tourists for a few days
 before an important work related business meeting.  And,
 because I wanted to brush up on their language, and they
 English, we have spent a few hours together over the past
 few years.

 On their last trip, there was some conversation on the
 topics reported here that interested them.  The UN and
 martial law were on the front burner.

 Two of the men had worked with/for the UN for a while and
 freely related that the UN greatly fears an armed American
 populace.  As part of one contingency plan, they know it
 would be nearly impossible for foreign UN forces to
 function in this country while so many of us are armed.
 The UN's desire, therefore, is that we be disarmed.

 No great surprise there.

 What they related on martial law was a real surprise,
 though.  According to the most senior of the four, there
 are not enough U.S. troops to enforce martial law in this
 country unless the people passively allow it.

 Maybe so.  The Army has 468,000, the Marines but 170,000 and
 there are 75,000+ armed federal regulators and 600,000 local
 police officers in the country.  That's about one armed
 person for every 190 citizens.

 The gentleman was correct.  After checking with an American
 Army officer of the same relative rank, we find that's not
 even enough to hold California if the people do not
 cooperate.  In fact, because of the mountains, that is not
 enough to take over Eastern Kentucky, either.

 That is, short of air raids and the use of big guns,
 it is not.

 When asked where they will be at the stroke of midnight for
 the new year, the reply was a unanimous and unequivocal,
 "Home!" Because, as freely related to me, they expect many
 more problems there than we are expected to have here.  And,
 so it appears, do many leaders in military units from
 countries around the world.

 When I mentioned that many Americans fear their guns will be
 confiscated, I was laughed at.  The reply was something
 like: "One at a time.  Yes.  All together, at once, never."
 Which makes complete sense, if one thinks about it.  The
 government is already actively working on that "one at a
 time" part.

 So, I asked straight out:  "Do you think we are to have
 martial law?"

 After a bit of discussion, the answer was "probably yes,"
 in some form.

 Their reasoning, however, did not deviate at all from many
 things we, and others, have been reporting.  That is,
 committees from both the House and Senate have already
 called for martial law and questioned the Pentagon on it's
 readiness.  All military leaves are canceled.  So too are
 the vacations of any and all armed federal officers.  The
 National Guard and Reserves will be on alert.  And, all
 police departments will be at full manpower.

 Clearly, then, someone expects to have massive force
 available for something.  Else, they would not be putting
 all those guns at the ready.  But, why?

 Certainly, some of us could have a Y2K problem of some sort.
 But, 99% of us will stay home to take care of family.  That
 being true, there will not be much policing to be done.

 Then other news came in.  That armed encampment known as FBI
 headquarters closed its doors to visitors.  A few days
 later, so did the Pentagon.

 It seems strange, at least on this end, that the people with
 all the guns, those best able to defend themselves in case
 of trouble, are hunkered down against the American public.
 Is there something going on here that we should know about,
 or is this just the first step in whipping their people into
 an "us" against "them" mentality?

 We think that the American people have a right to know
 exactly what is happening.  Is the supposed threat of
 domestic or foreign origin?  What is the threat to our
 family, neighborhood, city?

 But, we serf-citizens will never be told.  So, we must raise
 the flag of concern.  And concern, for anyone who has ever
 worked with me, of course means preparation.  Because,
 ultimately, we are the ones most responsible for protection
 of home, family and neighborhood.

 Therefore, my friends, it is time to get both body and
 skills up to par.  Whatever the threat may be, we are the
 initial home defense.

.